Chapter Twenty-Five

Gorgina's POV

We're on our way to their house... to our house.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked in a worried voice. She's sitting at the passenger seat while dad's driving and I'm here at the back seat.

She's looking at the mirror where she can see me. I smiled as an assurance.

"Jasper and Hazel will be so happy for this. Knowing that you are their elder sister." Dad butted in. I could feel his voice with full of excitement.

"I'm so excited too dad."

My smiles faded when memory crept up into my mind.

I remember the first time I saw them, something said we had great connection. I had lots of questions in my mind specially when I saw Hazel. She looked like me when I was at her age. But, we have opposite characteristics. She loves cats, I love dogs. I want to know them better. I want to know them on my own. I want to know their wants and don'ts.

"Why Gorgina? Is there something bothering you?"

I was back when I heard mom's voice. I shifted my eyes to her whose eyebrows are knotted together.

"Nothing mom. I'm just so happy for everything." I faked a smile.

Deep hush covered us for a moment.

"The first time I saw them, it was magical. I felt something strange. I felt great connection for the three of us. It's like, I can see myself in Hazel. And that time, questions overflowed in my mind." I stated.

I sat near the window. I can see healthy trees, long road, big houses, beautiful smiles of everyone and I could feel their love towards each other.

There was a big gate with guards. It automatically opened as we reached in front of it. The car stopped at the big house. It's like a mansion one. There's a tree where few or no leaves at all.

It's autumn season!

I remember when I was a kid, nana and I played outside. We rode bicycle, we hang out, we bought ice cream, we laughed, at funniest joke, together and rode bicycle again. We played under the falling leaves. Sometimes, we covered ourselves with those and end up laughing.

She was a blessing to me. She was once my guardian, my grandmother, my nurse, my teacher, my lawyer, my... my mom.

Not at all times she's heartless. She was the sweetest person I've ever known.

But it all ends one day... when lola died and grandfather as well. We barely hang out. We barely talked. We randomly laughed.

It was like living in jail. I have no one to talk to, no one to lean on, no one to cry in the arms, no one to make me feel loved.

"We're here, honey." I shifted my eyes to them. They were all smiling. I just faked a smile.

They got off from car. Dad opened the door for me.

"Welcome home, sweetheart." Dad said while showing his sweetest smile.

Something wants me to cry. Feels really heaven knowing that you'll be living with your own, real family. I'm so happy for everything that happened. For this kind of blessing... for this family... for the love they gave to me.

Slowly, I move my feet onto the ground. It's like I'm not sure of stepping on it. It's like, I still can't believe I'll be stepping my own land.

Dad offered his hand to me while smiling. I reached for it when I finally have the guts to went outside the car.

I walked slowly as I closed the car's door.

"Dad..."

"Yes?"

Mom held my back. I took a glance from her and smiled.

"I can walk by myself. Can I stay for a while? I mean, I want to room around."

They smiled as a response. I nodded and smiled again. Then they marched the way to the house.

I roomed around my eyes. Memories flashed back in my mind.

I was just this little. I have a friend, a boy one. We kept on running while laughing.

"Time for merienda babies." Mom joyfully announced.

We ran towards her while still laughing.

I remember too what the boy wore. He was wearing basketball jersey with thirteen on it.

Was the boy's name Cauli? Is Cauli and the little boy only one? I mean...

"Li!" A beautiful woman came while smiling. The little boy ran towards her. He kissed her cheeks. The woman carried him and kissed his cheeks too.

"Li." I whispered to nowhere. "I should ask mom who is Cauli. Maybe they can hand me answers for my loads of questions."

"Ate Gorgina!" I heard Hazel pronounced my name loudly. Her voice was so excited and full of joy.

I faced her. My smiles widened when I saw her happy face. She ran towards me while offering her little arms. I bent down my knees to reach and hug her tight.

"I miss you so much ate!" She proclaimed. Mixed emotions are on her face.

"I miss you too, little Hazel."

"I was so energized when mom mentioned your name and said you're here! That's why, I ran outside to see you." She hugged me again.

I held her shoulders.

"Really?"

"Yes ate!"

"Why?"

"Because I really miss you. And I want to see you again. I keep on asking mom when I will see you again, to spend times with you." She pouted.

Darn! She really looks like me.

"Oh... I am so overwhelmed. Let's go inside?"

"Okay! So that Jasper will see you too. He'll be happy for this."

"I'll be happy seeing him again too."

I carried her and walked inside our house.