chapter six

Cauli's POV

"There will be a program later. I am expecting you to perform." Mr. Mercalesia, my Uncle, said. He's like a good father to me. He treated me as his own son since Dad and him are friends.

"For what?" I asked, confused of what's going on.

"Just have your practice in the music room. You'll be with her. And please, be nice to her. I know you're a little bit rude." He chuckled. "Just kidding, son."

"Yeah." I lazily replied. "Please inform Ruby that I can't see her later. I'll be very busy." Ruby is her stepdaughter.

"Sure, son. No problem." He tapped my shoulder then left me.

I'm on my way to the music room. I narrowed my eyes, crazily observing the happenings inside. Someone must be right there, playing some instrument.

I silently opened the door and sneaked in. My heart palpitate when I realized who was inside the room.

The day we've met

Frozen I held my breath

Right from the start

I knew that I found a home for my

Heart beats fast

I gulped once and shook my head. No, she's not the one I've been looking for. Maybe it's coincidence. I don't want to assume she's the missing piece.

When she's done singing, I watched her crying.

No, Cauli! This is just a pitfall. Don't ever break the walls.

"And who told you to enter this music room?" I asked coldly.

She looked at me with her wet eyes. My heart stung the moment I held her eyes. I remember Emerald in her. She has glassy emerald green eyes. And that's the reason why her name is Emerald. I hope this is just a coincidence.

"I-I'm sorry. I was practicing for my performance later." She stuttered again and wiped her wet face.

Where is my white cloth? Don't tell me she lost it?

"Aren't you tired of crying? Why you're always like that?" I tried to hide the irritation in my voice. It frustrates me whenever I see her crying. It shows up her weaknesses. And she's giving her enemies a permission to drag her down.

She stared at me blanky. But it didn't last longer. I can see a raging fire on her eyes.

"Who cares if I cry? No one, right? And what's the matter if I'll cry? Is that a big deal for you?"

I looked away. Oh yeah, Cauli. Is that even a big deal? You don't even know this weak girl in front of you. Why you should care?

"I care. Is it enough?" Damn, Cauli! What did you just say?

Gorgina's POV

Is he joking? Or just trying to make me comfortable?

"Tsk. Scratch that. I don't believe in you. I believe no one. This world is full of lies. I can no longer recognize facts as truth."

"Why is it hard for you to trust?" Irritation was building up on his voice.

"You shouldn't ask me about that. Questions are already answered." I coldly uttered. I stood up, trying to control my emotion. "You know what? I may not know your plans but whatever is it, I'm begging you, please stop it. My life has been ruined by many people who I trusted the most. Don't let yourself be one of them. You'll just regret afterwards."