Chapter 42

Someone's POV

"What?! Why? How?"

"I just heard it. I mean, it's in the news." The caller explained.

I slowly bring down my hand holding the phone as I'm hanging up.

She has... dengue? How come?

Who is the blood donor? I can be her blood donor. I'm her mother. We have the same type of blood!

I should find a way to prolong her life. I know I was never a good mother to her. I just hope, donating my blood would be a little help to prolong her life.

Yes. I will go to the hospital where she is.

As I arrived in the hospital, I immediately went to nurse station.

"What room is Gorgina Mercalesia?"

"Ahm... What is your relationship with the patient, ma'am?"

"I'm her blood donor. I just want to see her for a while."

She checked something from a notebook then to the computer.

"Oh! I'm sorry madame..."

Why?

"... if I didn't recognize you easily. We've been waiting for you." She smiled.

What? They know me? They're expecting me to be here?

"What do you mean?" My forehead creased.

"Well, Mrs. Mercalesia ordered us to inform her if there's a blood donor of Ruby."

"No-no-no! I mean... don't let her know me. This is for privacy. I will donate a blood for Ruby but please, don't ask anything about me... every single detail about me."

"S-sure, ma'am"

I heaved a sigh and smiled.

"Oh! By the way, she's in room 34. In third floor, ma'am."

"Thank you so much!"

I head down to where the elevator is and press a button to open it.

Ruby's POV

After my last statement, Cauli walked out.

Will he reject me? I hope not.

I heard footsteps walking towards my room. I closed my eyes and pretend that I'm sleeping.

Someone twisted the doorknob and got inside.

I hope she's mom. But... seems like she's not familiar. Is she Gorgina? What the heck? Why would she visit me? We're not close! I don't like her! She's slut and a bitch! She stole Cauli from me!

"Ana." Her voice is not really familiar. And wait... did she call me Ana? I'm not Ana! What the fuck is she saying?

I opened my eyes and saw a woman...

She has long straight hair. Her lips... resembled mine. Her eyes... her eyes are black... just like mine too.

Who the hell is this woman?! And... why am I feeling this way? It's like... she filled me up. Feels like she's everything to me. Feels like, I have great connection with this woman in front of me.

"Who the hell are you?" I raised my one eyebrow.

"Ana." She grumbled.

"I'm not Ana! I'm Ruby Mercalesia! Who gave you the permission to enter my room?!" I yelled at her.

I don't know. I don't understand this feeling. Mixed emotions wrapped my system. Something inside me wants to hug or touch her. Something inside me wants to be vicious to her. I don't know. I don't know these kind of feelings. I don't know what should I feel.

"I'm sorry." Her only words while crying. She hangs her hands on the air like she wants to touch me.

"Touch me and I'll throw you away." I warned her.

"I-I'm sorry." She wiped her tears. "I'm just... I just want to inform you t-that I-I'm y-your b-blood don-nor."

I raised my left eyebrow.

"Then?"

She faked a smile.

"Nothing, honey- I mean... I just want to see the patient who needs my blood."

Something hit me really hard.

Am I rude to her? Look, she's just here to see me. I should be thankful enough because she's my blood donor. I mean...

"I'm sorry. I... I don't know what should I feel. Have we met before? I mean..." I looked down. "Something inside of me says you're up to something. Like... we have great connections."

I lifted my jaw to see her. She shifted her eyes to somewhere.

"N-no. I-It's my first time to see you. Anyway, I'm just here to see you. I hope my blood could help." She faked a smile before facing her back to me.

"Wait!"

She faced me once again.

"Yes?"

"T-thank you."

She just smiled bitterly.

"It's okay, honey- I mean, Ruby. As long as I could help, efforts won't matter." Her final statement before disappering out of my sight.

I heaved a sigh.

Silence reigned the environment for a moment when someone entered.

He smiled when he laid his eyes on me.

This is second of the last step to have him.

"Thank god you're here!"

"Why? Is there something wrong? Or hurt?"

I let a sigh out.

"I just miss you." I smiled.

"Really? That fast?"

"Yeah. I really hope you don't have to leave me anymore."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because..." I shrugged. "What if you don't really love me? I mean, isn't it you love Gorgina?"

He was frozen for a moment but smiled when he recovered.

"Don't worry about her. She's just a friend of mine." He smiled sweetly.

Friend?

"Friend? Really? Are you sure she's just your friend-"

"Yes. No more, no less."