Chapter Ten

Gorgina's POV

The following day, I did my daily routine. I walked along the corridor while carrying books in my hand and armpit.

I'm reading the analytic chemistry book while walking. I didn't mind because I know I'm the only one here. No one will bump me.

In order to get the empirical formula, first, write down all the given elements and their percentage

Okay. Copied.

Next, change the percentage to grams.

I slowly nodded without looking somewhere but in the book only.

It's literal. The percent sign was changed by g, which means gram.

Okay. Slowly got it.

I fixed my eyeglasses. Still, my eyes are nailed on the book. Well, this lesson isn't be taught to us but, I guess, I should study about it. You know, I want to be advanced.

I started slowing down my every step. I need to focus.

Change the gram to mole. Number of grams over the mass of an element per mole.

What? Wait...

The oxygen is forty point seventy six grams. The mass of it is sixteen. So...

40.76 over 16 g/mole = 2.5475

Ok-

"Ouch!"

I picked up the books that fell on the ground. Someone bumped me! SOMEONE!!

"Who the hell-"

My eyes got locked to his. My lips left half open.

He's wearing a black blazer, plain white v neck shirt, plane jeans and black shoes.

Why? What is he doing here?

What... no! This can't be!

Tears fell instantly. Feels like something is throbbing me. Waves of memory flashed back. It feels like they are still fresh. That... those memories with him can be recalled details by details.

"Gorgina." He grumbled.

"G-E-O-R-G-E?"

He held my cheeks. Tears streamed down like a river over and over. I can't believe. I can't believe that after how many years had passed, since he left me, he's now here... in front of me.

I dragged his hands down. He has no right to touch me.

"Why did you leave me?" I asked. Hoping that old questions will be answered with fresh and new responses.

"I'm sorry." He bowed.

"Sorry? Is that all? I trusted you! I gave you my whole trust because I believe that's what you deserved! But..." I rubbed my temple, trying to relax.

He looked up. Trying to chase my eyes.

"But what did you do? You left me. You left me with no choice. You left me broken. You left me dumbfounded! You take everything from me. Remember your promise?" I smiled sarcastically "You've promised me that you won't go, you won't leave by my side. Remember?!"

Tears are still falling. Everytime I want them dry, another tears will fall again. My throat is aching. My heart is in vain.

"I'm sorry Gorgina. I was forced to leave-"

"Forced? You were forced to leave me? Why didn't you fight for me?!"

"Because I love you!" He exclaimed.

I laughed bitterly.

"You love me? But you left. Is that how you express your love for me?"

"Yes. Your parents threatened me. If I'll stay with you..."

He wiped his eyes.

I'm feeling dumb, numb and stupid in front of him.

"They will take you away from me."

"Noooooooooooooo" I woke up chasing my breath. My face was wet brought by tears.

What a nightmare! And what's the meaning of it? Why my parents got involved with this shit?

I got off from bed and marched the bathroom. I need to clear my mind. I want to refresh it.

Oh come on Gorgina! It was just a dream! A horrible one. You don't have to be bothered by it.

After taking a bath, I went to the kitchen. I'm kinda starving right now.

"Nana?" I called out but I got no responce.

Where's Nana? And... where's Dada?

"Mom?"

My voice is almost full in volume but still, I got no response even from my siblings.

Where are they?

My phone vibrated.

I immediately look after it. I was astonished by what I saw. Unknown number? And who could this be? Where did he or she get my number?

I pressed the tab with the unknown number.

Unknown Number

Good morning. Have your breakfast. I miss you already. Hope to see you this monday.

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

What? Who the heck this would be?

I replied immediately.

Me:

Oh! I'm sorry but, you must be mistaken?

Then the unknown number replied.

No. I can't be mistaken.

Who's this? Where did he or she get my number?

Me:

Oh well! Nevermind. I gotta go.

Unknown Number:

Take care always please.

Me:

Of course! I'm not sloppy.

Unknown Number:

I'm just concerned here. I know no one cares for you except me.

Oh! This stranger is just haughty.

I didn't reply back. I made myself busy cooking for breakfast. There are two raw eggs left in the refrigerator. I boiled it and after, took my breakfast.

I was busy doing all my projects when suddenly I got a glimpse of my dream earlier. What would be the reason why I was bothered by it? I'm sure it has no reason at all! It's just playing around.

My thoughts broke into two. I was thinking about the unknown number and the dream as well.

Gosh! Could it just stop nagging me? It's frustrating! I can't focus in doing my assignments.