Chapter 39

Cauli's POV

"Faster!" I yelled at the driver while trying to wake up Ruby. "Listen to me Ruby..." I slapped lightly her cheeks. "You have to fight!" I diverted my gaze to the driver's back. "I said faster! If you have to increase the speed to one twenty kilometer per hour, do it!"

"Come down, Cauli! He's trying his best!" Mom huffed.

"No, mom! He needs to increase the speed so we could reach the hospital as early as we can!" The head of Ruby is rested on my lap. She's... unconcious.

"You have to calm down, Cauli! Your temper won't help us in reaching our destination!" Mom's voice was raised.

"I'm sorry, sir and madame. I'm trying my best."

"Just shut the fuck up and drive!" I yelled at him again.

As soon as we reached the hospital, we carried Ruby on the stretcher.

"Faster everyone!" I said as I tried to ran fast and pushed the wheeled-bed.

We reached the emergency room.

The young lady, wearing all white, blocked her hands to me and said,

"I'm sorry, sir. But you're not allowed inside."

I placed my palm on my forehead and my one hand rested on my waist.

"Calm down, Cauli. She's okay. Nothing will happen to her." Mom interrupted.

How can I keep myself calm when I don't know everything happened to Ruby? Will she be okay? I don't want something bad will happen to her.

I heaved a sigh.

"Mom... I'm sorry."

"Shshs..." she ran her hands up and down to my shoulder. "It's okay, son. Don't worry, she'll be okay."

"I hope so, mom. I don't know what to do if something will happen to her. I hope, it's just a simple illness."

She smiled to me as assurance. I heaved a sigh and sat on a chair. I'm starting to lose my mind. I forgot I left Gorgina in her house. I hope she's fine.