Chapter 40

Gorgina's POV

I'm here at the garden with Jasper and Hazel.

"Hazel? Come here, baby." I tapped the space next to me.

She sat down beside me and suddenly hugged me tight.

"I love you, ate." She said as she looked up to face me.

"I love you too, baby." I smiled. "Jasper, come here baby! Sit beside us." Jasper ran towards us while holding a rose.

"For you, ate. I love you." He said and gaved me the flower. He kissed me on my cheeks and hugged my neck.

I let him sat on my lap.

"Tell me what's your name."

"Me, ate!" Hazel excitedly voluntered herself.

"Okay. What is your real name?"

Maybe it's not a bad thing to do like asking their real names as the first step to know them better.

"My name is Hazel Sapphire Mercalesia!" She smiled and leaned her head to my shoulder.

"What about you, little boy?" I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Navy Jasper Mercalesia." He grinned.

Hmm. They have beautiful names, just like them. A god and goddess-like creatures of earth.

"You two have beautiful names." I kissed their cheeks.

I heard the loud sounds inside. Then in a moment, I saw mom and dad, panicking.

I placed Jasper on the bench.

"Hazel and Jasper, please stay here. Okay?" I said in calm voice though I am trembling right now.

"Yes, ate!" They replied in unison.

I immediately went to mom.

"How's Ruby, mom?" I asked in trembling voice.

"Sweety, please look after your siblings. We still don't know how's Ruby. Cauli said she's in emergency room."

My world turns upside down. Everything is in slow motion.

I remember how nervous Cauli was when Ruby passed out. He was the one who carried her out of the house. I can see sincerity on his eyes. It's like he's so afraid to lose Ruby.

Someone held my shoulder that made me came back to my system. I face him.

"Dad... will she be okay?" I asked, hoping.

Mom's crying and shaking. Dad looks fine even if he has blood shot eyes.

"I don't know, sweetheart. Will you please stay here and look after your siblings?" He looks pale and helpless.

"Ye-yes, dad." I faked a smile.

He faked a smile too and nodded before disappearing out of sight with mom. I watched them walking outside the mansion. It hurts seeing them like that. And I realized how much they treasure Ruby like their own daughter.

I walked back to the kids.

"Hey, babies!" I greeted them while showing a big smile. I don't want them to notice the problem.

"Hey, ate! I'm hungry!" Hazel said as she got off from bench. Jasper followed her.

Hazel hugged my legs as well as Jasper.

I'm starting to love them. Oh well, I love them at first sight and from the beginning. But this love I'm feeling right now is something that I never felt before.