Chapter Seventeen

Gorgina's POV

Matte black chandeliers, white walls, matte black kitchen, matte black sofas, black wide screen tv, carpeted floors.

Everything is matte black and white.

Wow. This place is heaven-like. I'm loving this place.

I could see, from here, the couples with their children. A boy and a girl.

The boy is around one to two years old while the girl is three to four.

"Good evening madame and sir." I greeted them while smiling.

"Oh! Gorgina?" Mr. Mercalesia gave me a meaningful look.

I looked down. I feel like I don't belong here. Authority, power and class shout their being.

While me? Just a plain and ordinary existing pathetic girl.

"Oh. Nice to meet you Gorgina. I'm Castel Mercalesia, his wife." A woman said. I lifted my jaw to see her.

She's beautiful. Really beautiful. And also Mr. Mercalesia. They look good together.

"Jasper and Hazel. Come here. Meet ate Gorgina."

The children ran towards me while showing their sweet smile.

"Hi ate Gorgina! Nice to meet you!" Jasper said.

I smiled. Something says I had a strong connection towards the Mercalesia family.

"Oh! Ate Gorgina! Do you love cats?" She smiled widely.

Hearing the word "cat" sent shivers down my spine. Err. I hate cats!

I gulped once before answering her question.

"Ahm... I... I don't like cats. I mean, yeah. I hate them... so much."

Her big smile fades. Did I say something bad?

"Oh..." she looked down. "I thought you like cats." She lifted her eyes. "I just want to play cats with you." Her eyes became teary.

I kneeled in front of her and held her shoulders.

"I'm sorry Hazel. But, ate Gorgina doesn't like cats. She has allergy when it comes to it. If you want, we could play dogs. Want it?" I smiled. Trying to make her feel better.

"Jasper loves dog while I love cats." She pouted.

My eyes were nailed on her lips. I knew it. Her lips resembled mine when I was at her age.

Someone rested his hand to my shoulder.

Mrs. Mercalesia kneeled down beside Hazel.

"It's okay sweety. Let's just understand her. Not all people love cats the way you do."

Hazel nodded as a sign of response.

"Let's have a dinner. For sure, we're all hungry." Mr. Mercalesia butted in.

Cauli removed his hand from my shoulder. I stood up to face him.

He's wearing plane white v neck shirt and jersey that has number thirteen.

Questions pop up into my mind. They're circling around my head.

thirteen.

thirteen.

Memory flashed back inside my head. I remember, I was with the little boy. I forgot his name and some information about his face. He was wearing a jersey with number thirteen on it.

Who could that be? It would be too impossible if Cauli and that boy are one.

I shook my head to vanish all the thoughts that kept on bothering me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

He held my back and led me to dining room.

Matte black chairs, white cloth that covered the table, crystal chandeliers, matte black kitchen sink.

"You really love matte black and white." I said while chuckling.

He just shrugged and smiled.

He pulled the chair and helped me in.

We're laughing all through out our dinner. They seems so good. How I pray, I will have a family like them.

But... I have none. I am unfortunate when it comes to family.

"So? Where do you live, Gorgina?"

I was a little bit frozen when Mrs. Mercalesia asked me 'bout that thing.

"Hyacinth Village." I said out of hesitation.

"Really?" Her eyes widened and her lips was left open. Mr. Mercalesia held her hand. Mrs. Mercalesia took a glance from him. He just smiled. A smiled that says, "Calm down."

"I'm sorry." She smiled awkwardly and took a sip of pineapple juice.

"The university is far from your house. Am I right?"

"Yes madame."

I'm feeling nervous and uncomfortable.

"Stop calling me madame. You can call me aunt or... mommy if you want."

Mommy? Did she mean mother?

"Oh. I prefer Aunt. Calling you mommy is too much."

"No ate! I like you calling my mom mommy too. If that's the case, we're totally like sisters!" Hazel joyfully butted in.

I just smiled.

"What about your dreams in life?"

"Hon. I think, you're acting like a reporter."

"No. It's okay, sir."

"Opps. May I request something?"

"What is it, sir?"

"Would you please stop calling me "sir"? That's too formal for me."

"But-"

"Please?"

"Okay sir. I mean, Uncle."

"That's great! You can call me "sir" if and only if we're in the university."

I'm so overwhelmed with this family. They treat me like I'm one of their kind. My eyes became teary. All of the sudden, it flows flawlessly.

"What happened?" Mrs. Mercalesia.

"Why are you crying?" Mr. Mercalesia.

"Gorgina? What the hell happened? Are you feeling hurt?" Cauli.

I laughed softly. "I'm just too overwhelmed. Never in my entire life, as far as I remember, people treat me like this. Not even my parents."

Feels like my heart is sinking. It hurts like hell.

Tears flown down in Mrs. Mercalesia's cheeks. It's like, she's being hurt too. She could feel the feeling I'm feeling right now.

"I'm so sorry." She bowed down while crying. The way she said sorry was like, she made a mistake and made my life a hell one.