Chapter Eighteen

Cauli's POV

I opened the door of my room just to check on her. I hope she's fine now. I was panicking earlier. I didn't know what to do. I'm afraid something bad will happen to her. I just hope it's just curable illness.

"You made me so worried about you earlier." I said the moment I got in, crossing my arms together.

"I... I'm so-sorry." She bit her lower lip and I found it very distracting.

"Jeez Gorgina. Did you ever think you'll get sick when-"

"It was your fault." She cut me off then rolled her eyes at me.

Was it really my fault? I was just teasing her. I can't help but make her frustrated because she's so cute whenever she's mad.

"Are you feeling better? Does something hurt?" I sat beside her and gently touched her forehead.

I think she's feeling better now. Thanks to my doctor.

She removed my hand forcefully that startled me.

Is she mad at me? Because I was the reason why she's sick?

"Cauli..." she inhaled deeply. I'm starting to think if she has heart failure. I hope she has none.

"You're hard-headed baby." I patted her head like a dog.

Emerald loves dog. We used to play in the park with our dogs. I wish I could see her even for my last breath.

This is not good anymore. I think... I think I'm falling for Gorgina. I shouldn't. I promised to Eme that she'll be my first and last love.

And now, I don't know what's going on. I don't know if I can still hold on to that promises.

I want her back. So bad. To keep my love burning for her. Because this feeling is getting stronger. I'm afraid Emerald will be back when I'm so in love with Gorgina. That it would be too difficult for me to choose between the two of them.

Wherever she is and whatever she's doing, I pray she's doing well. I pray she still remembers me.

"Go out!" She yelled and tried to push me away. I laughed at her mannerism.

She stopped pushing me away and started to stare at me. My cheeks are burning for sure.

Why is she staring at me?

I tried to look cold at her. Why is she staring at me for a long moment? Mayhaps she's fantasizing me?

"I... I need to go now." She stammered and looked down.

When she lifted her eyes at me, I gave her a sweet smile while looking directly at her.

This ain't good anymore. The connection is getting stronger. I can feel my heart falling.

"You can leave if you want to walk by yourself." I said and shrugged off. "I mean, vehicles can't cross over. Remember what the man in the stereo said? There. will. be. a..." I went closer to her face. "... F-L-O-OD." I spelled out the last word.

"Whatever you say." She rolled her emerald eyes.

I sneakingly inhaled deeply. My heart's beating foolishly.

Why?

I stood up and started to walk outside. She better have some rest. She's still sick.

"Aaa Cauli?"

I stopped abruptly from walking and faced her in a lazy manner.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you." She smiled.