Chapter Sixteen

Gorgina's POV

I slowly open my eyes. Everything seems moving. Everything seems fuzzy.

"Where am I?" I whispered to nowhere while trying to lean on.

Everything is matte black and white. White pillows, matte black comforters, white lampshade. There are bookshelves in front of me. I'm in the king size bed. Wow! He's totally the man of power and authority.

I roomed around my eyes when I hit the bedside table. There's a picture of boy and girl. They're like childhood best of friends. They seem so good together. I wonder who is that girl.

I heard the door opened. I was a little bit surprised when I saw him. Cauli.

"You made me so worried about you earlier." A cold voice shivered my spine. He crossed his arm while walking towards me.

"I... I'm so-sorry." I bit my lower lip.

"Jeez Gorgina. Did you ever think you'll get sick when-"

"It was your fault." I shot him and rolled my eyes in disgust.

If he didn't call me "baby" I won't be wet by rain.

"Are you feeling better? Does something hurt?" He sat beside me while the back of his palm touched my forehead. It electrified me.

I removed his hand, touching my forehead, harshly. Not because I'm mad at him but because of the electricity he ordered to shivered my whole being.

"Cauli..." I heaved a sigh, trying to catch my breath.

"You're hard-headed baby." He patted my head.

The word "baby" were like a fire to my blood.

"Go out!" I yelled at him and trying to push him away. He just laughed.

Good heaven! The way he laughs arose my dead body. His laugh was a music to my ear. He's... blushing? Is he blushing? His face is rosy or somewhat red or peachy.

I stared at his face. Damn it. He's really a good looking man. He has dimples. His lips were red, but sometimes pink. He has shimmering brown eyes. I love how it sparkles.

The smiles on his face are slowly fading. He became serious and cold.

My eyes got locked to his. I gulped once...twice...trice...

"I... I need to go now." I looked down and gulped my saliva again.

Damn. I'm trembling and quite queasy because of his aura.

He threw a sweet smile while looking at me. His eyes... shit! Shit! Shit!

My heart skipped a beat. Sometimes it beats slower, but often times, it beats faster specially when he's around.

"You can leave if you want to walk by yourself. I mean..." he shrugged and pouted."... vehicles can't cross over. Remember what the man in the stereo said? There. will. be. a..." he drew closer to me. "... F-L-O-OD." His lips and tongue demonstrate the word "FLOOD". This man is a jerk!

"Whatever you say." I rolled my eyes.

Good heaven! I can't breathe!

He stood up and started to walk out.

"Aaa Cauli?"

He faced me lazily.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you." I smiled.

He smiled too, but it has no sense.

"You're always welcome baby." He said and disappeared.

I heaved a sigh.

You're always welcome baby.

Without any intentions, I smiled.

I realized, sometimes, it isn't bad to be called "baby". Right? I maybe think like a grown-up woman, I'm still somehow a baby. Well, not totally, just childish.

I heaved a sigh again and stared at the picture frame.

I got off from bed to take a look at it.

The boy looks like Cauli. Yeah, I think this is Cauli. A young boy named Cauli.

But... who's this girl wearing an eyeglasses? Her eyes were green, just like mine... emerald.

"Li and Eme" I whispered. It was written on the frame.

"Gorgina?" His voice sent shivers down my spine. It's like I had a mini heart attack, startled at his sudden voice.

"Jeez! You almost killed me!" I glared at him while holding my chest.

"I'm sorry. We have unexpected guest tonight."

I brought down the frame without taking a glance from it. My feet walked towards him like it has its own brain.

"Who are they?" My eyes got locked to his.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mercalesia."

"Mercalesia? You mean..."

"Yes. One of your profs, right?"

I slowly nodded. "Yeah."

I felt queasy hearing his name. Something is throbbing inside of me. My heart started to beat fast. Why am I nervous? My conscience is clean. I did nothing to him.

"You alright?"

"Ye-yeah." I stammered.

"Okay. Let's go." He faced his back to me and led the way out.

My feet were nailed on the floor. Mr. and Mrs. Mercalesia? What's with them? Their names seem so obsure. I mean, ugh! What's wrong with me?

"Gorgina?"

"Yes? yes?"

I went outside the room and followed him.