Chapter 48

Gorgina's POV

As we arrived in our old house, the children hurriedly came inside.

"Hey, kids! Careful." Tevron shouted as the kids are far from us.

I just laughed because they didn't mind him.

I heaved a sigh.

Where's Ruby? Does he know about her? Is she still living here?

"Why, wife?" I faced him and grinned.

"Nothing. Let's go?"

He nodded and kissed my forehead. He held my hand and kissed it. I stared at him but he just smiled.

What's wrong?

Our maids and bodyguards brought our things inside. Though I'm so excited to see my parents once again, I'd prefer to stay calm. Yeah. I really miss them so much. And... I hope they're doing fine.

Well, I heard, after the merging of two companies, the company became the most powerful and influencial one.

He opened the door for me and there... I saw mom and dad smiling towards us.

"Emerald."

"Mom... Dad..." I walked towards them while my tears of joy are flowing. Damn. I really miss them so much.

Mom held my shoulders while smiling. She's crying too as well as dad. Opps! Dad only has teary eyes.

Why do boys don't cry too much?

"I miss you my daughter. It's been eight years since you left."

"Yeah, mom. And inside those years, everything has changed." I smiled and shifted my eyes to Tevron.

"I want you to meet my fiancè.... Tevron Saldivia." Their eyes widened.

Well, I'm already expecting this situation.

"Yes, mom. Your future son-in-law."

"Hello, madame and sir. I'm Tevron Saldivia." He offered his hand to them then they shook their hands.

"Let's have a seat." We sat down in the couch.

"So? Since when you two are together?" Dad asked.

"Since we went their in France, dad." I smiled and looked at Tevron then to mom and dad again.

"Hmm. You must be a..."

"Businessman, madame."

"Oh..." mom laughed richly. "Stop calling me "madame" and my husband "sir". You're being formal. Sooner or later... you'll call us mom and dad." We laughed at mom's statement.

I thought it would be difficult to introduce Tevron to my family.

"When is your wedding day?" Dad asked.

"Oh! Yeah, dad. We haven't plan about it. You know..." I shrugged. "We both are busy."

"I'm so proud of you my daughter." Mom said in a husky voice.

Tears wanted to burst out but I tried to ensnare them. I don't know what kind of feeling is this. All I know is, I'm so overwhelmed.

"Mom... do you want me to cry?" I scoffed and laughed.

Tevron held my right hand. Mom and dad sat in front of us.

"I'm serious, sweetheart. I never thought you're that tough and strong."

"I'm happy that you took good care of my daughter, son. I hope you love her more than anything else. I hope you love her as much as we do."

"Dad!"

"Why? I'm serious too, sweetheart. We are so proud of you. I hope you'll be happy with him."

I heard someone twisted the doorknob and then someone caught my attention.

Ruby? What is she doing her?

We all stood up as we saw her.

She was shocked when she saw me but almost die when she saw Tevron.

I diverted my eyes to Tevron. His lips were hang open and his eyes a little bit widened.

Do they know each other? How long? I haven't heard Tevron mentioning her name.

"Hi, mom. Hi, dad." She greeted as she's walking towards mom and dad while faking her smiles.

Does she know about her true identity?

Nothing was changed in her. She's still the same. Her attitudes, her looks, still the same.

"Oh! Hi, Emerald."

Did I hear it right? She called me "Emerald"?

I stared at her blankly.

Oh come on, Ruby! I know you. Stop playing around.

"Hi... Ruby Reign. Nice to meet you again. How are you with him?" Sarcasm marked my voice and I smirked.

She was stunned. I can see her fear in her face.

She faked a smile.

"Oh well... We're happy. And guess what? We're now engaged." Then she show me her diamond ring.

I smirked.

"Oh! I hope you'll invite me and my fiancè in your wedding day." I smiled sarcastically.

"Sure, Eme. If you want, you are my bridemaid."

I hid my abhorrence and virulence. This girl never failed to nag me.

"Okay. That would be great!" I scoffed.

Someone opened the door and then suddenly... he came over.

He was my first love, my first heartache, my first kiss, my first everything.

After eight years of no connection, finally I saw him.

He was shocked when he saw me.

Well, he better does. For the past eight years, I've been great with my life. But now? I don't know. Seems like he ruins me again. He shakes my world and I am about to be shattered again.

"Hi, baby! Finally you're home! I miss you so much." She kissed her on his lips. Cauli did not respond.

Just... just damn it! I used to kiss him on his lips. Way back eight years ago... damn! Damn! Damn! Why am I feeling this way?

Seems like it's the first time to see him. Seeing him again turns my world upside down. Seeing him once again breaks my whole being.

"Hi, Caun Liam Hamlet. Still remember me?" I smirked.