Chapter 28

GORGINA'S POV

We finished our dinner. I walked towards the living room while carrying Jasper.

"You want dog baby?" I asked in gentle voice.

"Yes, ate." He pouted.

I found out, by next week, we will be having a birthday party for him. He's turning two. How I wish he won't grow up. That he will stay little and simple so I could take care of him for longer time.

"Here." I handed him a dog stuff toy and put him on the sofa.

I'm watching him playing the toy. He's cute. Someday, when he'll grow up fully, he could be like dad. A strong and independent man.

"Gorgina." I faced mom.

"Mom." I smiled.

"May I talk to you?" She looks gloomy.

"Sure, mom." I smiled and stood up, following her. I left Jasper since Nanny Dek was there.

We walked the way to veranda. The cold breeze caressed my face. It's almost eight in the evening.

"Sweetheart." Her voice is soft but heavy.

I smiled, trying to calm myself.

"Deny it or not, I know there's something between the two of you." She held my shoulders.

"Yes, mom." I looked down. "He was there for me. He's the reason why I trust people again." I lifted my jaw to see her. "He made me feel loved. Though sometimes I don't understand him. He's kind of sneak."

She gave me a genuine smile.

"I know." She mouthed. "But, I hope you'll understand the situation."

"What do you mean, mom?"

"Ruby loves Cauli so much that she'll do everything to make him hers."

Feels like my heart is sinking.

"What are you trying to say, mom?"

I really hate unfinished statements. It makes me crave for more informations. It makes me die in curiosity.

"If the contract will be signed, Ruby and Cauli will be working together. Ruby knows how to handle the company." She heaved a sigh. "Though I want you, because you're our biological daughter, I guess you know nothing about it." She shrugged. "I mean, it would be more difficult for you to handle it because you have no experience, unlike Ruby. Ruby really loves jewelries, accessories or something like that."

I faked a smile. My heart is thumping inside my chest, making it so hard for me to breathe.

"Why are telling this, mom? You shouldn't. This ain't your responsibility. I will understand, for the sake of business." I faked a smile again.

"Someday..." she held my shoulder and led our way inside the house. "You'll be the one to handle our business. Or sooner or later, you'll be the head of it." She smiled.