Chapter 36

Gorgina's POV

"So? When you'll work with her?" I rested my hands on the table and looked at him while chewing.

Seemed like he didn't hear me. He chewed all the foods while his eyes locked to his plate.

"Cauli-"

"I don't know. I have no plans yet." He put the untensils on his plate and wiped his lips. He shifted his eyes to mine.

I don't know what should I feel this time. If I should worry or not. If I should, for what?

"Mom told me you're going to handle your business." I stated.

He faked a smile and held my hand.

"Do you want me to?" He asked miserably. I can see pain on his eyes. There must be something going on that he doesn't like.

Feels like my breath starts to become heavy. Can't escape my words.

"I..." I looked down. "I don't know." I lifted my jaw to see him. "It depends on you." I faked a smile.

He heaved a sigh.

Deep hush covered us for a moment when suddenly his phone rang.

"Excuse me." He stood up and walked back to living room.

"Yes? Ahm..." I saw him took a glance from me. "Yes. No. What?! No! Mom... listen... no! I don't want to work with her. No."

He rested his hands on both side of his waists and looked up. He rubbed his temples, trying to calm down, while walking towards me.

I stood up to console him.

"What's wrong, honey?" I asked in gentle voice, trying to measure him.

What happened? What did they talk about?

"Ruby's coming back. Mom called her earlier." He said heavily.

My eyes widened a little bit.

"Then?" My heart is thumping really hard.

"We'll start working."

My forehead creased.

"I'll be back. Wait for me here." He kissed my lips and stormed out.

Everything was so fast. I found myself crying, breaking into tiny pieces.

What if they'll work as one? I know how much Ruby loves Cauli. She's so possessive and spoiled brat. I know no one can neglect her. And if that so, what if she'll ask to marry Cauli? Will Cauli marry her? Will my own family give what she wants? What about me?