Chapter 43

Gorgina's POV

I woke up because Hazel and Jasper wiggled my bed.

"Hazel... Jasper. Why the two of you are here?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes to clearly see them.

"Mom and dad went away."

"What? I don't understand."

"They go somewhere with bag full of things. We don't know where they will go. Mom and dad told us we have to stay with you. They can't accommodate us." She pouted.

"Oh..." I leaned on and let them lie beside me.

"Are the two of you hungry?" I yawn.

"Yes! We need to eat breakfast now! Get up, ate! Get up!" They ran away.

I yawn again. What time is it?

I checked my phone if there's left message or missed calls but I was just disappointed when I found nothing.

This can't be. How long should I wait for his message or call? Is he busy?

"Get up, ate! We're hungry as monsters!" Hazel shouted as she stood up at the door. Beside her is Jasper, playing his toy cars.

"Yeah, baby! Wait me up! I just have to take a shower." I immediately went to bathroom and took a cold shower.

Where are you now
'Cause I'm thinking of you

Where's he now? Is he okay? I hope so. I hope he's smiling. Dammit! I really miss him so much. And thinking of him far away from me is totally killing me.

I looked at the mirror and heaved a sigh.

Where are you, my love? I really need you right now. I... I want to see you so bad. I miss you and... and... I want to feel you against my skin.

Someone knocked at the door.

"Ate! What's taking you so long? We're hungry!" I heard her outside.

I hurried taking a bath. After, I rolled my body with towel and went outside.

I saw Hazel in crossed arms while pouting. Beside her is Jasper, eating a hotdog.

"I'm sorry, babies! It's... ahm... I... I killed a monster!" I lied.

Hazel's eyes widened.

"Monster?!"

"Ahm... ye-yes. Yes! A big big monster! That's why... It took me so long before I could go out from cr."

"What kind of monster? You mean..." she looked down as she measured something. "Like this?" She looked up and showed to me something.

I smiled rather than laughing.

"Yes, baby! Bigger than that! You better go back to kitchen and eat your breakfast, okay? Before the monster will come again and swallowed you two."

"Aaaaaaaa." They screamed as they ran back to kitchen. I laughed softly but it didn't last. I remember Cauli again.

I heaved a sigh.

No matter what I do

I still end up thinking of you

Tell me what should I do

In order to forget you.

What are these feelings? Why do I have to feel this way? I feel nothing but emptiness. Bet he's the only one who can replenish it.

I'm tired! I'm so tired of this!

I immediately went outside as I finished dressing up. I blow dry my hair first.

"Babies!" I greeted them like I haven't seen them for a long time. I kissed their cheeks and sat in front of them.

"You know what, ate? I miss kuya. Ever since, he never failed to be here. But... I don't know what happen now. I don't know if where is he. Did you fight with him?"

My eyes widened.

How could it be? The last time I checked, we're fine. We're good.

"No, baby. What made you think about it?" I picked the apple and took a bite from it.

"Nothing, ate. I thought you're not in good terms." She shrugged. "He doesn't come here whenever he has an enemy."

I slowly nodded.

No. We're in good terms, right?

"Do you like going out?" I asked while smiling.

"Yes of course! Why? Do you want me to bring to Paris?" She grinned widely.

"Hmm... y...yes? You want?"

"Me too!" Jasper butted in while pouting. He drank his milk and wiped his lips.

"Sure! You want it now?" I smiled widely.

They are really the best kids I've ever met. I thank God for having them.

"Yeeeeeeee!"

"I want now! Let's go now!"

"Opps! Wait... just wait, babies. We still have to inform mom and dad first, remember? So we could have money. I mean, they will give us money. And by that, we can buy anything we want!"

"Yeeehheeyy!"

"Yehey!"

"As of now, you have to finish your foods, okay? I'll just call mom and dad." I stood up and went back to my room where my phone is.

I dialled immediately mom's number. It took seconds before she answered her phone.

"Hi, mom!"

"Hija! What made you call?" Her voice is now energetic. Feels like something good happened to her.

"I just called to inform you that I'll be having a trip to France."

"W-why, honey?"

"Mom... please? I want some times for myself. And! Oh, by the way, I will bring the kids." I smiled though dhe can't see it.

"O...kay? If that's what you want. When?"

"Ahm... the kids want it right now. They are having their breakfast. And after, we'll settle down everything we needed for the trip."

"Su-sure, honey. Just take good care of yourselves. Please take care of your siblings."

"Yes, mom."

"And one thing, before you'll go, please be here in the hospital. You don't have to bring the kids here. Don't let them know about Ruby's situation."

"For what?"

"I want to see you. I miss you already."

My smile fades. I thought she already forgot me.

I heaved a sigh before speaking up again.

"I miss you too, mom. Who are you with? Is dad there?"

"No, he's not here. He's in the university. When will you come back to school again? Didn't you miss your classmates?"

"Mom! Why would I? I've been bullied for my whole life! No one treated me right."

I heard her heavy sigh.

"I'm sorry honey if we weren't there to protect you."

"Mom. Stop the drama please. Let's all move on. Everything happened for a reason. What matters is we know who am I."

"..."

"Okay, mom. Gotta go! The kids are getting wilder. I think they're done eating."

"Sure, honey. Take care. I love you."

"Bye, mom! I love you too."