Chapter 49

Cauli's POV

Ruby's parents requested me to marry her. They asked it even just for Ruby's sake. Yes. I accepted it because I care for Ruby. I want her to live longer. She's been my bestfriend since she came to our lives. Just one day, she came over. I've been happy with her. She's funny, caring and loving child of Mr. and Mrs. Mercalesia. I don't know where did she come from. Just like I said, after we lost Emerald, she just came over.

After her recovery, we negotiated about the business. Then, after merging our companies, we started working. She's a good-taker of their business. She knows how to handle big and complicated things. And that... I appreciated all her efforts for our company.

We became the most powerful and influencial business partners. We attended presscons and other meetings regarding with the business. We accepted random proposals, we signed contracts and many more. We became busy because of it.

Sometimes, when I'm alone, the lingering questions kept bothering me like, "Where's she?" "What is she doing?" "Is she doing fine?"

Fuck! I ignored her many times. Did I lose her? Maybe. She's happy now with Tevron, right?

Fuck again! She didn't know I've been stalking her in social media. I have seen tagged photos of her. She seemed happy with him.

Is he better than me? Damn! I regret everything. How I wish I could go back to time when she's with me. I miss her so much. I miss how her cheeks blush whenever I stare at her... I miss how she screams everytime she hears thunderstorm... I miss her. I miss everything about her. I miss caressing her face... I miss her emerald green eyes... damn! I think I'm going crazy.

When I found out Tevron and Gorgina are being together, my world just ruined. With that, I felt so tired of my life. I've been cold to Ruby.

Yeah, I have learned to love her but... maybe it's just puppy love. My true love is Gorgina. She's all I need.

Well, I hope she's really happy now. I hope, Tevron gave his time and efforts for her. I hope, he can be against any rules when it comes to Gorgina. I hope he's not like me. A jerk and... a coward.

Eight years. Eight years had passed by like a wind. Eight years since Gorgina left for good. Eight years had passed but I still love her. And in the past eight years, almost everything has changed. I am now engaged to Ruby. We'll get married next year.

I'm in Ruby's office. She's not around that's why I came over to find some documents and files for our new projects and proposals. I want to review every details about it so if ever it didn't please me, I can just reject it immediately.

Now I have everything I need.

I was about to walk out when an envelope fell on the ground. Something urged me to open it.

I laid all the files in her table and picked up the brown envelope.

Then, as I opened it and pulled what's inside... everything just broke down.

I was staring at the certificate of adoptation blankly.

All these years? All these years they hide the real identity of Ruby? Why? For what?

I need to see the Mercalesia family. I can sue them about these. They shouldn't lie at us! We trusted them so much! And now? This is all they can pay back?

I rode my car to Mercalesia's house with the certificate. I need a valid explaination. They need to explain everything!

Is it why something blocks me for marrying her? Is it why I don't feel she's a Mercalesia?

Though Ruby is good at things, still it doesn't mean she has a Mercalesia blood.

I heaved a sigh as I stood in front of the door. I just arrived in their house and I immediately got off from car and walked towards here.

She's not a Mercalesia Now... this time... there's no reason to marry her. I am fully confident to chase after Gorgina. I don't fucking care if she has a boyfriend. It's just her boyfriend. They ain't engaged yet.

I heaved a sigh once again and twisted the knob.

Wordless

Speechless

Stunned

Caught of guard

Breathless

Seeing her again made my heart skip a beat. Seeing her once again feels like coming home.

But fuck! She's with Tevron.

And so? I don't give a damn.

I gulped twice while staring at her. She's staring at me too.

I don't know what should I feel but, I can only feel the wild beatings of my heart.

I was back to my system when I saw Ruby walking towards me while acting. She wrapped her arms in my neck and kissed me on my lips. I did not respond. I just stared at Gorgina.

I saw how her eyes turned dark green.

Is she jealous? Is she hurt with what Ruby did?

Something inside me wants to believe it. Something inside me hopes that it's true.

"Hi Caun Liam Hamlet. Still remember me?" A playful voice between a smile marked her.