i'll make the world safe and sound for you

A/N: the pictures I provide through out the chapter are not exactly what the rooms look like, just an outline ok continue :)
Lin ran a hand through tangled hair. "What if the house doesn't get approved and Bailey can't stay." Lin stressed.
"It'll be fine." Vanessa insisted, rubbing Lin's arm. "Go change sweetie." Vanessa shooed me out of the kitchen, where I was eating a granola bar.
I walked down the hall and heard Sebastian crying. I opened his door and poked my head in. "What's wrong, baby?" I asked, lifting him out of the crib, he had a toddler bed, which he refused to sleep in. He didn't answer so I just carried him to my room and sat him on the bed as I went to pull it my other jeans. My bag was slightly smaller now that the blanket and toiletries had been removed. I was fine changing in front of Seb, because he's like two so I didn't see a problem, plus I barely have boobs anyway. I put my jeans on, then my dream-catcher t-shirt I was wearing under my hoodie yesterday, I didn't bother to put on shoes, so I walked around in socks. I braided my brown hair to the side and brushed my teeth with one of the extra toothbrushes I got yesterday.
"You ready kid, better?" I asked Sebastian as I sat next to him on the bed. He nodded so I picked him up and walked him to the kitchen. I was fully aware he could walk, but I'd never had a little sibling.
"You look cute." Lin said too me and I bowed setting the wiggling toddler on the floor.
"As always." I laughed, I hated how comfortable I was here. "Thanks Lin."
"I got you, Bailey," Lin assured, "I'm gonna do everything I can that you can stay." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my forehead. We stood there for a minute, watching Vanessa fixing the pillows on the couch and Seb watching his shows.
"Is this weird to you?" I asked Lin, looking up at him. "Like I've not known you for very long and you're fostering me, and making me feel more loved then I have in a long time."
Lin thought about my question before simply answering, "Some people just click I guess." He turned to check the time, 10:58, "Sophie will be here in like 2 minutes!" He panicked. "Can you get Sebastian dressed?"
"Of course!" I walked out of the kitchen and picked up Sebastian, taking him to his room, i put him in jeans, socks, and a black shirt.
"You like?" I held Sebastian in front of a mirror as he nodded vigorously. The innocence of children astounds me. Was I that innocent? I asked myself and shake my head when the door knocks. I kiss Sebastian's forehead as I hear Lin and Vanessa introducing themselves.
"Bailey! Sebastian!" Lin calls, and I take Sebastian's hand, leading him out of my bedroom door and to the living room.
Lin and Vanessa were standing behind Sophie, who looked professional today. All eyes on me, Lin, Vanessa, and Sophie.
"Hi Bailey! How have you been." Lin rolls his eyes at me, and mouths to Vanessa, 'Obviously not good.' Vanessa hits him playfully and I stifle a laugh before answering.
"I'm good how are you!" The automatic reply.
"Good, thank you!" Sophie picks up her clipboard, and motions to Seb, "Who's this?"
"Sebastian." I reply, squeezing his hand. He looks at me with a look only children have. Lin smiles at us.
"Ok, can we start inspection?"
"Of course!" Vanessa speaks up, motioning to the living room.

My favorite part of the living room was the grey

My favorite part of the living room was the grey. But when you turned to a small Christmas Tree window and saw a piano, I loved that part. I smiled at the floor where Sebastian and I sat yesterday, knowing if this went well I could sit with him the rest of my life. Vanessa showed the piano off and then led Sophie to the kitchen.