teach 'em how to say goodbye

From the desk of Lin-Manuel Miranda
Bailey West,
Hi, it's currently 11:32 January 25th. Bailey, today I met you for the first time. I don't know what's gonna happen or if you'll stay her I don't know. I know Sebastian already adores you.
I honestly don't know what I'll write here, it just feels right to write something for you.
Vanessa is reading what I'm writing and laughing at me, but that's okay because it's for you.
I hope you can stay long enough to at least meet the cast. I think you'd get along with Andrew and Anthony best. Maybe Jonathan. I hope you meet these people before you get this letter or else it'll be confusing.
I have no idea when I'll give this to you. Maybe if you can't stay that long you'll get it tomorrow. I don't know yet. Maybe your wedding day? I don't know.
Ok I don't even know what to write anymore, you probably won't even get this letter unless I write more.
Lin

From the desk of Lin-Manuel Miranda
January 28
Bailey,
Today you met Jonathan and Anthony. I was right you did get along with them. Too bad Andrew was away for a side project.
You showed up Anthony with your back flip thing. I forget what it's called.
But the cast loved you. So that's good.
Ok,
Lin

From the desk of Lin-Manuel Miranda
February 17
Bails,
Today we got in our first fight I guess. It's because I wouldn't shut up about your grades. I'm sorry.
I should've know you were stressed because of Connor. I'm sorry, I love you.
Lin

From the desk of Lin-Manuel Miranda
March 9
B
We had a movie night tonight with Jasmine Anthony and Gavin.
Anthony hated Gavin and it was just really funny.
You're doing so well, you're doing so good with Sebastian.
I don't know what I would do without you, I love you
Lin

From the desk of Lin-Manuel Miranda
March 12
Bails,
I'm writing this through tears. The paper might be wet.
Today you tried to kill yourself. And Sebastian found you and Anthony panicked.
I love you so much and I don't even know what to say. I hope you can read these letters.
I love you, you are loved
Dad

From the desk of Lin Manuel Miranda
April 9
We're getting a dog today ! Her name is Charlie.
Which you know , oops.
But anyway shes the cutest and I'm so excited.
You're also rubbing off on me, I sound like a teenage girl.
Dad

From the desk of Lin-Manuel Miranda
April 25
We saw Dear Evan Hansen.
We both know we cried, but we aren't telling anyone remember.
I hope you had fun, hopefully we can see more shows. Love you
Dad

From the desk of Lin-Manuel Miranda
May 20th
Today you got your offer to do your t shirt designs!! I'm so happy and excited for you. 
I love you !
Dad

From the desk of Lin-Manuel Miranda
June 5
Bailey West,
You're shirt line launches tomorrow.
I'm so proud of you.
I love you.
Dad
-
-
-
That's it. This is the last time I'll ever write about Bailey, and I'm really sad about it. This is my favorite story I've written because Bailey has grown with me and I'm just super proud of it. Thank you all for reading this story.
This chapter was kinda confusing so comment any questions ❤️