you outshine the morning sun, my son

"You want to start your room?" Lin asked, as we sat on the couch with celebratory pizza.
"It's okay like it is." I insist.
"Nah, let's go." I shrug and set down my pizza as Lin tells Vanessa he's taking me shopping, and that Sebastian is in the playroom. He grabs his wallet and keys. "Ready kid."
"Yeah." I laugh and follow Lin out the door to his car.
"What do you want to listen to," Lin asked, turning up the radio.
"I don't care." I shrug, watching him.
"Ok then." He turns down the radio completely, "what do you want for your room? Like do you want the same colors?"
"Um I think we can keep the colors, and I need a desk." I played with my hands as Lin pulled out of the parking garage.
"Yeah of course!" Lin curses under his breathe as a car pulls out in front of us. "We're gonna go to Target first if that's okay, it's just closest."
"Yeah that's okay." I mentally planned the room out as Lin hummed along to a radio song.
"This is one of my songs." Lin laughs as the song comes, but I notice he has the AUX cord. "Yeah I have my own songs make fun of me." He rolls his eyes laughing
Dear Theodosia what to say to you
You have my eyes, you have your mothers name
When you came into the world you cried
And it broke my heart
I'm dedicating everyday to you
Domestic life was never quite my style
When you smile, you knock me out I fall apart
And I thought I was so smart.
You will come of age with our young nation
"Did you write this about Seb?" I asked listening to the song.
"No actually." He laughed and I didn't ask anymore questions.
If we lay a strong enough foundation
We'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you
And you'll blow us all away 
Someday, someday
Yeah you'll blow us all away
Someday someday.
We pulled into the Parking lot, as Lins voice rang through the speakers.
Philip when you smile I am undone
My son
"LOOK AT MY SON." Lin sang song obnoxiously. "PRIDE IS NOT THE WORD IM LOOKING FOR THERE IS SO MUCH MORE INSIDE ME NOW. This is now our song." Lin says and I raise an eyebrow but nod.
"Fine by me."
I followed Lin into the Target and into the clothes first. "What are you doing?"
"You need clothes do you not?" He retorts and I stop talking and let him pick things out, occasionally holding something up to me. "Pick out stuff you like too." I nod, even though I liked what Lin was picking out. Mainly skinny jeans and plain t-shirts.
Five jeans, and 8 t-shirts later, Lin walked over to jackets and sweatshirts.
"Pick out a Jacket." Lin pointed in the general direction of knock off North Face's. I selected a plain black one and set it gently in the cart.
"Thank you Lin." I said as he set a pick of socks in the cart.
"Don't worry about it kid." He flashed me a smile and walked to shoes, asking me what size I was.
"7." I replied and he grabbed a pair of boots, and tennis shoes.
"Ok, now room stuff." Lin paused then added, "We can always get you more clothes."
"Thank you." Lin led me to the pick out a desk. I picked out a simple white one. I guess that was the theme of my room, I had a simple what headboard a simple white nightstand and now a simple white desk, you could say I liked simple things. After I picked that out, Lin asked what else I wanted. "Can we just get wall stuff?" I suggest.
"Sure." I follow Lin over to the wall, and grab a grey and pink tapestry, planning to hang it on the left wall by my bed.
"Do you want this? You could put it by the desk?" Lin suggest. Picking up a cork board with a photo frame around it.
"Yes please." I said, strolling through isles.
"How about i shop for desk stuff and you can do it for by your bed." Lin suggest and I nod.
"I'll be over there." He points tot he next isle.
"Thank you." I whisper and look at sheets, I pick out plain grey ones and move onto a comforter. I decide on a white and grey chevron one. Grey is low-key my favorite color oops. I carry those over to where Lin said he was and see he has put some pillows, like stuff for the desks and nightstand. I put the pillows in the cart and immediately feel bad.
"Ok I'm done." I say and Lin evaluates the cart.
"Ok." Lin and I walk to the register, Lin makes me sit on a bench by the bathroom as he pays.
I watch him swipe the card and turn to me to wave. I wave back, watching the bathroom doors open and close.
"Ready kid?" Lin comes over with a cart full of bags. I bite my lip and nod, trying to ignore how much it must have cost.
"Can you help me put this in the car?" Lin asked, opening the trunk.
"Yeah!" I reply and help him out things in the back. Lin presses play on his phone again, letting 'our song' finish.
There is so much more inside me now
Oh, Philip you outshine the morning sun
My sun
When you smile- I fall apart,
And I thought I was so smart
My father wasn't around
I swear that I'll be around for you
I'll do whatever it takes
I'll make a million mistakes
"I'll make the world safe and sound for you." Lin sings quietly, I look at him noticing a tear falling down his face.
I laugh, "Lin what's wrong." I asked.
"I don't even know." He wiped his tear, "When I wrote this song, Seb wasn't alive, and I guess singing it with a child-"
"You've never sung it to Sebastian?" I said, interrupting him.
"I have but he's not old enough for me to really understand it. And I guess with you something hit me." Lin pulled into the parking lot and I realized I was crying too. We probably looked ridiculous, the two of us crying in a car, hugging each other, playing Dear Theodosia again. We didn't care. "Let's go in." Lin suggest and we both fill our arms with the bags.
"Where should I put them?" I ask as we go up the elevator.
"Just put them in your room." Lin says, "Vanessa and I want to do your room for you so can you watch Seb for like an hour, we will be in your room and since we aren't painting it shouldn't have to long." The elevator dings and the doors open.
"Ok." Lin opened the apartment door and I follow him. Sebastian runs to the door, yelling.
"HI!" Seb runs past Lin and to me.
"Lin." Vanessa laughs, "He's moved on from you."
"Haha V." Lin says sarcastically, "We have a room to decorate though."
"Okay." Vanessa says, watching Sebastian cling to my side.
"Bailey give V your bags and go to the playroom with Seb, the remote for the TV should be on top of the TV." Lin instructs and I nod, handing Vanessa my bags and thanking her.
I walk with Sebastian down the hall and trip over my own feet. "SISSY!" Sebastian laughs, and I look back at Lin and Vanessa, who are smiling at eat other. 'Is that okay.' I mouth to Lin, trying to bite back a grin, as soon as Lin nods though, I smile down at Sebastian, picking him up and kissing his cheek. Once we get in the playroom, Sebastian tells me to turn on Chuggington. When I turn on the TV it's already on though. So point for team lazy.
After about 45 minutes of Chuggington and Sebastian showing me his favorite toy trains, Lin calls for me. "I'll be back soon, kiddo." I promise, smiling at my baby brother. Baby brother. I smile at the thought. Vanessa is trading places with me so Sebastian isn't alone.
I open the door to my room and immediately hug Lin. "Thank you." I repeat over and over.
First I look at my bed,