i guess i better think of something to say

"There." I said to myself as I finally finished my first t-shirt design. It's been three days, I thought it would be easier.
The shirt read, "Girls Will Be Girls." And had pictures of some of my favorite or most inspirational women. We had Vanessa, Ellen DeGeneres, actually historical figure Eliza, and Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan, and Mary Jackson. The historical figures behind the movie Hidden Figures.
I laid back on my pillow as I texted Lin to come see it. It was 1 am and I had my Spanish final tomorrow, he knew that. So he'd probably ignore me and tell me to sleep. 
But to my surprise thirty seconds later he was in my room.
"Bails, you have to sleep, you have school tomorrow." School had been weird since Lin announced on Twitter I was having a tshirt line. Everyone had an opinion or wanted to be involved somehow. "But let me see."
"Here, and to be fair you have to work tomorrow and you clearly weren't sleeping." I pointed out, as he was wearing jeans and tennis shoes.
"Shhh." He laughed, when he laughed I couldn't help notice the dark circles under his eyes.
I never thought of Lin as old, but is it my fault he's tired all the time? As if he already didn't have enough stress with a toddler, a wife, writing, and already having a musical on Broadway. Like what's a teenager gonna do for his stress levels, not improve them that's for sure.
"I love it, it's great." Lin said after a minute. "Now go to bed, I love you." Lin pulled the blanket from under me and put it over me.
"Love you too." I smiled, and tried my best to fall asleep.
THE NEXT AFTERNOON
"Stop." I pushed Anthony, gently, away from my laptop. I was trying to work on the next shirt design.
"I wanna seeeeeeee." He groaned.
"Go get dressed and maybe." He had to be ready to go in 20 minutes and he still wasn't in costume.
I messed with the font size a little as he agreed. I was trying to make an almost Dear Evan Hansen design, like "You're You And That's Enough." I wish I could work faster, in like 4 days I got 2 shirts.
"How's it going, kid." Daveed asked, he was in costume.
"Good, I'm trying to finish a second design." I said and he nodded.
"Well, I'll leave you alone." I thanked him as I bolded the word Enough.
I made the background a light blue, and every word that wasn't Enough, I made dark blue. I tried to stay with the Dear Evan Hansen theme.  
"Can I see now." Anthony begged, tying his hair into a low ponytail for Laurens.
"Here." I opened the Girls Will Be Girls file, and showed him, then after a minute switched to You're You And That's Enough.
"I like them." He kissed the top of my head, "Every shirt you make, I'll buy two of them." Anthony promised.
"Do you know where the money is going?" I asked.
"No, Lin didn't tell me."
"It's going to a suicide prevention organization." I said, and he smiled.
"That's amazing, I'm so proud of you."
"I think I'm only gonna make three shirts." I shrugged, "It's taken three days to make two."
"Do whatever you want." Anthony told me and I nodded. "I gotta go now."
"Good luck." I waved and looked back at my computer.
I thought about words I used to describe myself. Classy. I rolled my eyes at myself as I thought about myself at other times, like with friends, or at the theatre. Trashy. I laughed at my self as I messed with the next design. Kinda Classy, Kinda Trashy. I put a white rose on the side, and made the shirt a light pink. I did final touches on the three shirts I had already done. 
I took a deep breath and pulled up my sweatpants a little, realizing I hadn't eaten since school lunch. I dragged my self off the couch, and to the small kitchen. I remembered I couldn't heat up anything in the microwave and groaned to myself. Grabbing a granola bar, I sat at stage left and watched everything play out. Helpless is one of my favorite songs, I think, besides Yorktown. It's just a little love song, and it's pretty much the one song where no one is hurt. Until Satisfied comes. I watched Pippa's choreography, smiling every time she did, she did a great job at the role. I'll miss her when she leaves.
"What's up!" Jon whisper-yelled.
"Ow!" I said quietly. "Why do you live to scare me." I rolled my eyes, as he offered me a Powerade.
"Look what I found," He ignored my question and showed me a Soda bottle that said Hamilton.
"That's cool! Are you gonna give it to Lin?" He nodded, seeming excited. "Wait," I paused, "When did you get that?"
"Like two minutes ago," He shrugged, "Same time I got the Powerade."
"Vending machine?" I asked, and he shook his head no slowly. "Are you telling me that you went to that drug store on 46th to get that."
"Well, technically, I had Will from Dear Evan Hansen smuggle it to me from the alley." I rolled my eyes.
"Will was funny." I recalled, thinking about when I met him.
"Why does everyone seem upset today?" I asked during intermission. It was quieter than usual, and no Thayne yelling, no Jasmine singing loudly. "You guys are acting like someone died."
"Bails." Lin whispered in my ear slowly, "Today is Pippa, Leslie, and I's last show."
"What! You didn't tell me you and Leslie were leaving too." I was kind of mad at Lin, but in my opinion I had every right to be.
"Shhh. Not to loud." Daveed reminded me.
"You wanna watch the rest." Lin asked, and I nodded. "I'll pull up a chair stage right. No extra seats today."
"K." I said slowly.
TIME SKIP TO END OF THE SHOW
I've never cried this much in my life. I cried knowing it was the last Quiet Uptown I would see. I had always liked the real ness of death in that song, if that makes sense. It was curtain call right now, and Lin was full on sobbing.
"Good job." My voice cracked a little from crying as I hugged Lin. He picked me up and put me on his hip, I usually would've protested, but I didn't this time.
"Come here Bailey." Daveed called me and I jumped off Lin. Daveed was crying too. The three main characters were leaving at once. The cast knew the show like the back of their hands and did so much work to have it. No one questioned the crying going on. "You can do flowers." He handed me three bouquets of flowers and instructed me to give them to Leslie Pippa and Lin when they stepped forward.
I waited by stage right, where Leslie was. They all stepped forward at once, and I walked down and hugged each one of them, handing them the flowers. When I got to Lin, I clung to his side like a lost puppy as he spoke.
"Thank you. This show has been my life for a really long time, I wish I never had to leave." He spoke loudly, even though he had a microphone. I zoned out as Leslie and Pippa talked.
Where would I do my homework now? When can I see the cast again. No more Thayne and Jon distracting me with food while I try to work. I guess I'll do homework alone, because I don't want anyone but the cast to help me.  Everything will be different now.
-
-
-
This is so over dramatic I'm sorry