from your sister, who is always by you're side

Lin offered to show me more of his work. I happily agreed Lin, Sebastian and I sat cuddled on the couch against the winter weather. Vanessa was making dinner. Lin strongly protested that, he wanted to order Chinese.
"Come sit with your favorite people." He tried.
"Lin you guys are like 30 feet away. You'll be okay." She insisted, jokingly pushing her away.
"That's 30 feet too far." Lin whined, Vanessa rolled her eyes.
"Show Bailey what you're showing her before she leaves." Vanessa changes the topic.
"So I wrote a musical." Lin starts scrolling through YouTube on his laptop.
"I know that much." I said, burying my face in the snowman blanket.
"And it's about Alexander Hamilton." I've always been a History person, this should be fun.
"I like history and musicals so." I laugh trailing off.
"What musicals?" Lin asked as I pulled Sebastian's under the blanket with me.
"I like Spring Awakening, the parts of Dear Evan Hansen that are out, Wicked obviously, School of Rock." I list some of my favorite musicals. "I like all the weird ones."
"No!" Lin says. "Someone in our cast is in Spring Awakening. Here is his song." Lin clicks on a song called You'll Be Back.
You say, the price of my love's not a price you're willing to pay.
You cry in your tea which you hurl in the sea
I listen to the first words and smile. Jonathan Grofff. Love that man. I have an actual problem.
"Sebastian, relax kid." I laughed as he fidgeted in my lap.
Lin continued to play songs from the musical as me and Seb listened. I rocked Sebastian on my knee and he leaned his head on my shoulder. Lin pressed play on another song.
There's nothing like summer in the city
Someone under stress meets someone looking pretty
There's trouble in the air you can smell it
"WRONG SONG NOPE!" Lin yelled pressing pause.
"What's wrong with it?" I asked as Sebastian buried is face in my neck.
"It's rated R." Lin simply said and I didn't ask anything else.
"Lin." Vanessa said, "Ant just called, he said him and Jazzy are coming over."
"Yay I haven't seen them in forever!" Lin exclaims.
"Who's that?" I asked Lin, playing with Sebastian's fingers.
"They're from my work." Lin says and I think they must be from the songs.
I look down at Sebastian to see he's sleeping, I smile slightly. "Guess I'm not moving for a while." I tell Lin laughing.
Vanessa laughs, "Smile, Bailey." Lin says pulling out his phone.
"You and Sebastian need like a photoshoot." Vanessa smiles.
"We should make pop-corn or something, Anthony will want food." Lin suggests.
"Anthony can eat goldfish, because apparently we have a lot of those." Vanessa glares at Lin jokingly, pulling out three big boxes of goldfish. 
"I got them in between two shows from the corner store!" Lin defends himself laughing. 
The door knob moves and opens. Someone, I'm assuming Anthony, walks in yelling, "I BROUGHT PIZZA!"
Lin ignores that statement, "Where did you get a key to the apartment?"
"I took the key labeled extra off your key ring and hoped for the best." Anthony shrugged. "Where's Sebastian."
"Sleeping." Lin answers pointing at me.
"Oh hi who's this?" Anthony asked.
"This is Bailey, we're fostering her." Lin answers smiling at me.
"Oh, hi I'm Anthony." He smiles.
"Bailey." I reply, still holding Sebastian's hand.
"You might have some competition with Seb," Lin tells Anthony laughing, "he loves her."
"Where's Jazzy?" Vanessa asked, pulling out paper plates and napkins.
"She's went across the street to get drinks." Anthony answers, setting the pizza on the counter.
"Do you want me to take him." Lin asks me, motioning to Sebastian.
"No he's okay, will you want me to wake him up to eat." I reply, looking at him.
"Yeah," Lin says, "I think we should wake him up now so he's ready to eat when Jazzy gets here." I nod. "Seb." Lin whispers shaking him a little.
I rock Sebastian, hoping to stir him a little bit. "Sebastian." I whisper.
"Come here kid." Lin picks him up and bounces Sebastian on his knees, which starts to wake him up.
"Sissy." Sebastian whines, and Anthony laughs.
"Come here, bud." I take Sebastian and sit him next to me letting him cuddle into my side.
"Don't let him fall asleep, okay." Lin says and I nod.
"Sebastian." I say, trying to keep him awake. "Wanna go play?"
"No."
"Well don't go to sleep because then I'll be by myself." He's still cuddled to my side and I'm leaned over talking to him. "Come here kiddo." I move Sebastian to my lap so he can't fall asleep. I notice Lin watching us, and smiling.
"Sissy." Sebastian laughs and I poke his stomach.
I turn to Lin, noticing he has his phone camera out, "No flash photography." I say jokingly and go back to playing with Sebastian.
"Stop!" He yells, still laughing.
"No!" I laugh. Sebastian jumps off my lap. "I'll get you." I want jokingly as he holds up a pillow in defense.
"Stop!" Seb whines as I tickle his stomach again.
"I got you kid." Lin comes over, throwing me over his shoulder.
"Lin no!" I yell, Lin runs into my room and throws me on my bed.  
"Let's get her Seb!" Lin screams running out of my room, I'm assuming to get him.  Lin comes back in and gently throws Sebastian on top of me. "Get her!" I pick up Sebastian and put him in the playroom.
"I'm holding you hostage for a minute I swear I love you though." I tell him and close the playroom door, standing on the outside, and facing Lin.
"Where is my son?" Lin says and Anthony starts to yell at him.
"LIN SHUT UP!" Anthony is standing at the end of the hallway laughing with Lin's phone camera out, so I'm assuming he's been filming since I was tickling Seb.
"I'm holding him hostage." I joke and you can hear Sebastian scream.
"Sebastian!" Lin picks me up and sets me to the side, opening the playroom door and running out with Sebastian.
"Hey! You can't just move me away that's not fair!" I yell, laughing and chase them back to the living room. I notice another girl is talking to Vanessa, I guess it's Jazzy. I sit on the couch next to Lin, Anthony and Sebastian. 
"Are you all ready to eat now." Vanessa asked, and the other person, Jazzy I guess, laughs.
"I'm ready whenever." Lin shrugs.
"Me too." Anthony adds.
"What about you guys?" Vanessa says, looking at Sebastian and I. We both nod, then follow Lin to the bar table. I just take one piece and put another one on my plate for Sebastian. I lead him back to the couch and let him sit on my lap as we each take one of the slices.  
"That's Jazzy." Lin comes up behind me and whispers, I nod.
"That's what I was guessing." I replied, as Sebastian pulled on my necklace chain. "Ouch Sebastian no that hurts." I gently pull his hand off and tell him to eat his pizza. I pull some of the bigger pieces apart and listen to his rambling about trains and pirates. 
"Bailey come here." Lin gestures me to come over to where the adults are standing. I put Sebastian on my hip and walk over to Lin.
"Yeah?"
"I have to run over to the theatre, do you wanna come or do you wanna stay home with V?" He asked taking a sip out of a water bottle.
"Can I come?" Lin nods.
"Yeah! I wanted you to say yes." He laughs, "Go get dressed really quick we're leaving in 20 minutes."
"Ok thank you." I put Sebastian on the floor and go to my room. I was wearing some of Vanessa's old pajama shorts, because I didn't have any, and a t-shirt.
I pull out a pair of white-washed jeans Lin got me, and a plain blue t-shirt. I open the pack of socks that was sitting in the unlabeled bin, it had a bunch of different lengths and I pick some medium ones and went about 3 inches above my ankle. I cuff my jeans and pull the socks over it, then for shoes, I put on the black boots I got yesterday. I open my closet and get the black jacket, I slide it on and put a pony tail holder on my wrist. I'm not going to pull my hair up, but just in case I want to. I look in the mirror to check before I walk out and notice I'm breaking out a little bit on my fore head. I say breaking out but there are like 2 pimples. I open my door and close it behind me, walking back to the living room.
"You ready?" I nod then notice Anthony and Jazzy are gone. "Ok it's only been 10 minutes but if we are both ready, we can go ahead and meet Ant and Jazzy there."
"Let's go."
"Bye Vanessa." Lin kisses Vanessa and hugs Sebastian. I hug Sebastian and kiss his forehead then hug Vanessa.
"Bye guys." I wave and shut the front door behind me.
I follow Lin down the elevator and into his car, neither of us really saying anything. We get to Lin's car and he looks at me, plugs in the AUX cord and plays Dear Theodosia.
"Turn that off or I will literally get out of the car." I say somewhat joking somewhat not, he skips to whatever song will be next on shuffle. It's the first one with Jonathan Groff.
"Bailey?" Lin said as we were sitting in traffic literally about 45 seconds from the parking spot we couldn't get to.
"Yeah?" I reply, tapping my fingers on my knee, I've always been fidgety and just sitting in traffic with the car not moving didn't help.
"I'm warning you the cast can be a little loud."