and i thought i was so smart

"LIN!" I yelled running into his arms. We probably looked insane, hugging and crying in the apartment lobby at 2 am. The police said they got me here faster than expected. And they brought me to the apartment building instead of the police station.
"Jesus Bails." Lin said, smiling. "You can't stop scaring me can you." He joked and I laughed.
"Hey Vanessa!" I smiled and hugged her.
"Are you okay, did he hurt you?" Vanessa pushed a piece of hair out of my face and I looked down a little smiling. Vanessa is such a mother and it just makes me really happy sometimes. I think everything is making me happy right now because I'm back and I'm not scared anymore.
"Yeah I'm okay." I promise her and she squeezes one of my hands.
"Lets go upstairs, Gavin's there." Lin said and I smiled.
"What happened to Connor?" I asked Lin and he shrugged.
"All I heard was he was being arrested for kidnapping, we didn't press charges though if that's what you're worried about." I nodded as Lin lead us into the elevator.
"Gavin's really upset." Vanessa said and I bit my lip, "He thinks it's his fault."
"It's not though! It's not his fault Connors psychotic!" Vanessa and Lin glance at each other, "What?"
"I've never heard you say anything negative about Connor, I knew you didn't want to live with him, but I've never heard you say anything negative." I shrug, right now I think he deserves every negative word in the book.
"I just want sleep and revenge!" I yell dramatically.
"Relax." Lin laughed.
"Ok fine I just want sleep." I settled, walking out of the elevator.
"Better." Vanessa smiled following me out.
I followed Lin, waiting for him to unlock the door. Once he did that I walked Into the kitchen.
"Gavin's asleep in your room." Vanessa said and I nodded.
"Gav." I whispered, walking into the room.
"Yeah." He groaned, turning over. "Bailey!"
"Hi." I laughed and hugged him. "Can we sleep I want sleep." Gavin nodded.
"Let them be, just trust them." I heard Vanessa whisper and glanced to the doorway, where V and Lin were standing.
I climbed over Gavin so I could be closer to the wall. Gavin wrapped his arm around me and whispered a good night, I smiled and slowly fell asleep.
LINS POV
"Let them be, just trust them." Vanessa came up behind me, I wasn't even doing anything I was just leaning on the doorway and observing.
"I know." I said and watched as they said good night. "Good night Mija, Good night Gavin." I shut off the lights, but left the door open. Just in case.
"So what are we gonna do, we have to set a court date as soon as possible." Vanessa followed me to the couch, and I bit my lip. "I can find the next possible one and we can go from there."
"I feel like Bailey should help decide this, like what if she's not ready-" I started but Vanessa cut me off.
"Lin! She's a kid, were her foster parents we make decisions right now!" I looked down at my lap, and Vanessa quickly noticed I was upset. "Lin, I'm sorry it's just she doesn't have have say in everything at the moment. We'll talk about it more tomorrow." Vanessa sighed and kissed my cheek, then I was left alone.
Why, why my Bailey. I start to hum Dear Theodosia to myself, not thinking much of it. Why is it my Bailey that has to go through everything. My Bailey doesn't deserve to be in a hospital because she tried to kill herself, my Bailey doesn't deserve to be kidnapped. We Bleed and Fight For You, Sometimes It Seems That's All We Do. No. I was wrong, Bailey's song is Dear Theodosia Reprise, Not Dear Theodosia. It makes sense now, How did I not realize that. I have so much work to do.
-
-
-
So this book is at like 2k reads I think, which is insane, thank you all so much. But I think I want to do something for 5k so comment something I could do for 5k.