Furious pillow fight

Word count: 1346 words

(Y:/N)= Your name

(C:/N)= Crush's name

------------------------------------------------

You were so tired. No, that wasn't it. Word couldn't explain how exhausted you were. You had to, though, in order to continue in life properly.

You had in total 3 part time jobs, which were a lot for a 21 years old student such as yourself.

7am

You groaned and slammed your alarm clock for it to shut up. You rubbed your eyes and felt a slight shifting besides you. You opened one eye and saw your boyfriend sleeping with his arms draped around you and mouth slightly opened. This sleepy head wouldn't wake up even if there was a fire alarm coming. You sighed and stretched before standing up to go work as a barista.

1pm

Morning shift over. Time for the second one, that is being a waitress. While hanging your clothes, your phone buzzed and you picked it up and softly chuckled at your silly boyfriend's message.

(C:/N): It's like freaking 1 pm, woman. You broke the alarm clock again and it didn't wake me up, thanks for caring. Plus, you weren't even there by my side when I woke up so screw you. ( ͒˃⌂˂ ͒)

You: Sorry bro. I'll make it up to you soon. I gotta go now. Duty calls!

(C:/N): Duty needs you here in bed. Like. Now.

You laughed harder this time and shook your head before getting out of the closet where you changed and went down the coffee shop to serve.

5pm

(C:/N): (Y:/NNNNNN) come back hooommmeee.

You were about to sleep from tiredness before he texted you and you groaned and glared at his text. That was yet again another useless text he sent today. Shouldn't he know that you needed some sleep and let you in peace for once? You didn't reply yet again and went back to sleep before the bus stopped and you had to jump off to go to the cinema as a cashier.

9pm

You walked slowly up the stairs to your apartment and had to stop once in a while to compose yourself. You were so tired and you were yawning so much by now. You rubbed your eyes several times and slapped your cheeks to wake up. Once you reached your apartment's door, you pressed your ear to listen if there were any noise. Nothing. You sighed and opened the door, kicked your shoes away and dropped down on the couch.

"Ahum," you heard a familiar very familiar voice cough and you lifted your head to see (C:/N) crossing his arms while leaning on the door frame.

"What?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so no Hi (C:/N), I missed you or no greetings at all?" You rolled your eyes and dropped your head back to the couch. "Hey."

"What's wrong?" You heard footsteps approaching.

"Nothing. I want to sleep so leave me alone." You said, voice barely comprehensible thanks to your muffled voice with the couch.

"(Y:/N), you didn't reply to me all day. I was worried!" (C:/N)harshly said and this time you sat up and stood up.

"Yeah, well, I don't need you to act like my mom or something. I'm fine now, see?" You gestured yourself.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing's wrong with me. You're just overreacting."

(C:/N)took a step forward and leaned down so you guys were on eye level. "I really don't like your attitude right now, (Y:/N)," he breathed dangerously. You pushed him away from you. "Then deal with it!"

"Are you serious?! I even gave you calls and you haven't replied to any of them! I called your family and friends and they said you didn't contact them as well. Don't you see how worried I was and then look how you-"

"I'M FINE NOW!" You yelled and closed your eyes in frustration. "Stop clinging on me all the time! It's getting annoying." If (C:/N) was offended in any kind of way, he didn't show it. In fact, he followed you in your room and slammed the door shut.

"Oh, so now I'm the one at fault?" He laughed, but you knew it was fake. "That's how you try to sneak up behind my back and stab me whenever you feel like I'm annoying you? By trying to offend me? Well, (Y:/N), change your tactics. I won't buy your bullsh*t."

You turned around and then the yells started. You were so mad at him. How could he not understand how exhausting you were with 3 part time jobs and a life student to take care of? Who cares if life's easy on him right now, he should understand those whose lives aren't as easy as his.

You acted without thinking. You grabbed the fist thing you found. You took a pillow and threw it at him. The pillow hit his face and his eyes widened. His mouth slightly opened. You guys stayed silent for a whole minute. Your angry expression slowly turned into a realization one that turned into a horrified one.

"(C:/N)... I-I-I didn't mean t-to do..." you trailed off, not focused on anything, but him right now. Who knew what could've been in your zone of reach. He could've been hit by a lamp and knocked him out with blood pouring out and you would be the one at fault.

(C:/N) slowly looked down and was staring at the pillow. He zoned it for a moment, forgetting your shaking presence and stared at the pillow. He drew his eyebrows together. 'Did she just hit me with that?'  He thought and was almost going to laugh. Almost.

He looked up again and saw how frightened and fragile you were, looking at the ground. He saw you were about to fall and cry when he noticed you holding back your tears. 'She's going to cry because she threw me a pillow?' He snickered but caught himself before you heard it.

He bent down and reached for the pillow. He dusted it off a bit before throwing it back at you. You got hit pretty hard by the pillow and stumbled back. You caught the pillow and saw (C:/N) looking at you with hands in pocket.

You wiped your tears away and looked at the pillow before glaring at him. You threw the pillow back at him which he easily dodged.

He turned to look at the pillow that hit the door and turned around to grin at you before widening his eyes because he got hit on the face with another pillow. He grabbed the pillow and saw you standing on your bed with several pillows in your arms, ready to strike again.

"Oh, it's on!" He shouted and the huge pillow fight session started. This wasn't an ordinary pillow fight where happiness and fun got shared among all. This was to make up for the times you were angry with yourselves and how much you missed each other. One day he would leave all day for work and the other you had to do the same. And now things calmed down after one pillow fight.

You were laying on top of (C:/N). You two did the star pose and tried to catch your breaths again. (C:/N) started to chuckle before laughing a lot and you followed him soon after. Cray crays, if you ask. You turned your head to look at (C:/N) who was gently playing with your hair and smiled when you looked in his chocolate colored eyes.

"I'm sorry," you whispered. "I just got so frustrated with work."

"I get it. And I'm sorry I didn't notice how tired you were. I guess we missed each other way too much and just needed one another's presence besides each other," he said and you nodded your head in agreement.

His eyes darted somewhere before a smirk tugged at his lips. "Tell you what. How about we order some chicken nuggets and watch movies to roast on?" You smiled back. "That sounds like a great plan."

You wonder how (C:/N) could brighten you day every time you felt tired or upset. Well, he is who he is after all. And you'll always love him for who he is.