Letter to you

At school, Valentines' day was celebrated every year with a small exchange of letters. You could send it to anyone, and receive some, or not. You just had to buy the small envelope with the card in it for 25 cents, write your letter, and drop it in the mail box, next to the selling table. Then the school's cupids will go around and distribute the cards to the right owner.

At lunch time you decided to go check out the selling table since your friend works there. Seeing you from afar she frantically waved her hand signaling you to come over. You walked leisurely towards her. She sighed dramatically and waved even harder. Sensing her neediness, you quickened your footsteps.

''What's up with the rush?'' You whispered, trying to not attract attention.

''Your boyfriend, C/N!'' Your eyes widened at the name that rolled off your friend's tongue. Your heart thumped anticipating for the information.

''He came with his gang and they all bought letters,'' she exclaimed flailing her arms up and down, left and right. ''But here's the thrilling part, that you're not ready for. Even I pondered whether I should tell you or not because you might end up balling your eyes out of their sockets. Talking about sockets, did you study for-''

''Ok stop rambling and get onto it,'' you suddenly yelled.

''He wrote a letter to another girl aside from you!''

You swore the Earth stopped spinning for a moment. Your breath hitched in your throat as you tried forming out words, at least coherent ones.

''W-who?'' You stammered. Jealousy was engulfing your vision.

''Some Amber, I don't know, I didn't get a clear view of it.''

Your mind went searching for a girl going by that name. None came into your soul.

''Did you read what he wrote down?'' You prayed for a positive answer.

''He wrote some sort of pick up lines.'' Hearing what she had said, made you burst out laughing. You grabbed the end of the table for support, as you laughed even louder. You started wheezing thinking about pick up lines. Your friend cocked her eyebrows, confused with your reaction. She had expected you to fume out of jealousy, but not cracking up.

''H-he, he,'' a sudden wave of laughter caught you off guards, as you bent to laugh.

Once you regain composure, you wiped that single solo tear brimming on the border of your eyelid.

''He- his pick up lines aren't even good.''There you go with another fit of laughter. She sighed watching you need an oxygen tank, before passing out.

''Remember his pick up line he used to tell me?'' You chuckled at the memory. ''If I had to rate you from 1-10, I would rate you as a 9 because I'm the one you are missing.'' You lost it again as you laughed again. Your friend simply watched you with a bored expression.

''Y/N HE WROTE A LOVE LETTER TO ANOTHER GIRL, SNAP OUT OF IT!'' She yelled and slammed her hands onto the table, snapping you out of your world.

Right... you were jealous. Even if it sounds like a joke that he said a pick up line to a girl, but he still tried to flirt with her. Your hands quickly searched in your pockets for some change. Your fingers brushed past some coins, you quickly grabbed them. You splattered them onto the table, before counting exactly 1$... Your friend quickly caught on as she passed you 4 blank letters, with their envelopes. You nodded, grabbing the letters and dashed to the cafeteria. Grabbing your pens you wrote down on each letter male friends' names of yours. Yes, instead of writing one for C/N, you'll send them to other guys. Friendly letters.

Satisfied with your letters, you placed them in their envelopes and slid your tongue across the glue tape to seal them. You paced back to the selling table and dropped the cards inside the mail box.

---

Later that day, some cupids walked around giving out the letters. You fidgeted in your seat as you watch the cupid walked leisurely in your classroom. You wished deep down that your friend had read the wrong name, and it was actually meant for you. You nibbled your bottom lip as the cupid stopped in front of you, a letter in her hand.

''Y/N?'' She asked looking you up and down. Nodding you grabbed the letter she handed out, ripping it, not caring about getting the letter damaged.

'Happy Valentines' day, Y/N! I hope you're not too heartbroken about the new I told you previously... -your friend's name'
You shrieked and ripped the card into pieces. False hopes. Then that really means he sent it to another girl.
"Class dismissed! Don't forget your homework!" The teacher yelled and opened the classroom's door before a wave of students ran out.
You stood up, head hung low as you figured out what to tell him. How could you come up to him and get jealous? You packed your bag quickly swinging it over your shoulder as you walked out the classroom heading to your locker.

You felt like trapping your head in your locker and just continuously slam your locker's door. You wanted to have more faith in him. 

''Who dared to ruin my babe's day? Why do you look so sad?'' A familiar voice rang next to your ear. You shot your head up, turning to face that angelic smile of his. He looked perfect, his messy hair, making your knees buckle. 

You struggled with yourself. Should you tell him? What if he gets angry that you're jealous? You gulped before completely turning your body towards him.

''(You friend's name) told me...'' you sighed running a frustrated hand through your hair. A strand of hair falling back onto your face. He smiled slightly before brushing that strand away. C/N leaned closer to you. ''What did she tell you?'' He caressed your cheek. A wave of guiltiness rushed through your veins. How could you accuse him of cheating on you, when he is this caring to you? You sucked up some air.

''She told me you wrote a letter to some Amber.'' You quickly let the words slip out of your mouth, closing your eyes scared of his reaction. You feel his arms leaving your body. Silence. Aside from the loud crowd of students passing by, he didn't voice out anything. Your heart crashed. You let your eyelids open up, looking at his reaction. 

C/N stood there holding in his laughter, bending down as he couldn't keep it in longer. Your shoulders which were tensed, dropped. Is he laughing? He was practically wheezing in front of you. You swore his laughter sounded like someone was cleaning the windows. You waited for C/N to calm down. 

''It was a prank. Amber is Simon's crush. So I wrote the letter on behalf of Simon! I got you something better than a silly letter!'' After explaining, he barged towards you, and threw you over his shoulder, before spinning you around. You felt a big rock falling off your shoulder as soon as you heard his explanation. 

''My girlfriend is jelly!'' He yelled, teasing you. 

''Oh hey, Y/N!'' A male voice brought both of you back to reality. C/N let you down and stood in front of you in a possessive way. 

''Thanks for the card, by the way. It warmed my heart!'' Your male friend said, waving the piece of paper at both of you. Once he left, C/N turned to you, he looked confused and betrayed, yet jealous.

''Did he... just mention a letter from... you?'' Your eyes widened, your fingers quickly trying to get a hold of his hands. 

''It isn't what it sounds like.'' You shook his arms in desperation, as he continued looking at you in disbelief. ''Even... if it is...'' You whimpered. 

''Is he the only one you sent a letter to?'' You gulped even harder than before, feeling your esophagus shift. You knew you couldn't lie. 

''3 more...'' Not being able to look at him, you quickly hugged him, burying your face in his chest. ''I love you.'' You confessed hoping it would calm him down. 

''Guess who's getting punished tonight?'' He whispered huskily in your ear, before nibbling it. 

---

Happy 4k! 

A/N: Ok, so I have this cactus, and I think it is dying. Damn it.