Double date

Hot summer day, the heat beating up on your skin, the sweat only made it more uncomfortable. The feeling of your tank top glued onto your back was driving you insane. You don't have AC at home because of economic reasons, so inside or outside felt the same.

This was just another wasted day studying for finals, yet outside the kids were yelling and running side to side. Childhood, don't waste it.

You literally got dragged out of your own house by your friend, Julie. She wanted to have a double date. Awesome 3 hours of cringing. Her boyfriend and Julie loved one and another deeply. You couldn't blame them. Yet, they have to act all cute, you couldn't help for your toes curling, and you fingers crookening. This is a great example of third wheeling. You had told her many times that you didn't want to third wheel with them, so she had invited her male friend, as your date. She decided to not tell you his identity, just for a surprise effect.

---

You were dressed in a simple summer dress and a light layer of makeup. It was a casual blind date, not anything serious.

*DING*

Julie

Y/N! Meeting spot: in front of the arcade!

A sudden rush of adrenaline ran down your spine. You were stressing, who was your date? You didn't even bother to ask yourself that question before, but it suddenly hit. 'I'm having a date with a stranger.' You pouted annoyed with the questions and thoughts running around in your mind.

You grabbed your purse and dashed out of your house. The arcade was just a few streets away. Your footsteps were light, you felt ready to get over this date.

Your mood completely dropped when you saw your crush waiting outside of the arcade. He was scrolling through his phone, pursing his lips every now and then. His sunglasses slid down his nose a little bit before he casually pushed them up with his index finger. Your heart was thumping so loudly you had to control your breath.

'He's probably waiting for his friend.' You tried to convince yourself. The popular, funny, handsome guy couldn't be here for a blind date too, right? Your eyes widened as you saw a female figure approaching him. She'd placed her hand on his shoulder, pulling his attention to her. The green light signaled as you quickly crossed the street and approached the arcade.

The female was Julie. You were happy yet troubled. Does that mean he is your date? Then why are you happy? You smiled as Julie saw you. She waved, attracting C/N's attention. His smile faltered. Even if you couldn't see his eyes, you could still read his expression. You knew why his mood dropped.

He and you had a long history. You guys almost dated, but at the end, he'd confessed that he was only playing around with you. Your heart had died thrice that day. You were deeply hurt, yet you couldn't deny the fact that you still liked him. Since then, you'd ignored him, you would not join him to your usual hide out, nor wait for him after class. He knew why you were acting that way.

---

Julie's boyfriend arrived last. You entered the arcade, Julie and her boyfriend leading the way. They were lovingly holding hands, and exchanging words. While on the other hand, you were crossing your arms over your chest, and looking somewhere else.

''Let's just enjoy this date, Y/N.'' C/N nudged your shoulder, before wrapping his arms around you. You could sense his competitive side showing. He was not going to let the other couple be the only ones having fun.

Julie insisted on playing at the arcade claw machine. The four of you approached the two machines.

''Babe, what toy do you want?''Julie's boyfriend rolled up his sleeves, already putting the money inside. You glanced at C/N who was mockingly mimicking Julie's boyfriend, Jeremy. You stifled a giggle. You suddenly felt someone nudging your arm.