Ultimate defense: back hug

A/N: Another pointless note. Hi, I've been extremely busy these past few weeks, I'm getting caught up with school, sport, and the exams are at my fingertips. I'll try my best to update more frequently. The updates might get slower, just for a small while.

O/F/N: Older male friend's name

---

The gym was dim lighted, a table, with two seats placed on the right of the gymnasium. It was empty, only 3 presences, including mine, were filling the place. C/N was in front of me standing, and beside me, my older male friend, who I care for like a big brother. We were talking about life, switching subjects every now and then.

''HAHAHAHA!!! Oh right, are you coming tomorrow?'' I asked O/F/N, wiping the tears brimming on the border of my eyelid. Our families have planned a trip, and in no way in hell was I going to go without O/F/N.

''Duh, not missing it if you are coming, Y/N.'' He winked playfully at me, before glancing at C/N. The latter was awkwardly rejected from the small conversation.

''AY, that's the spirit!'' I high-fived him. We were kind of excluding C/N, but seriously, it was none of his business this time. C/N eyed us suspiciously. ''What? A date? ARE YOU GUYS DATING?!'' His face expression changed in a matter of seconds. He looked hurt, surprised, oh, and so much more. I was going to answer, trying to relieve him.
"N-"

''Yes, we are dating!'' O/F/N pulled me closer to him, slightly hugging me. ''And, we are more than happy to be dating, right Y/N?'' My face fell, and my head shook itself without thinking further. It seemed like my effort were pointless as C/N ignored me.

''... I can't believe you guys kept that secret away from me...'' C/N expressed his sadness.

''Dude, stop acting so jealous and all! HAHAHA, it was a prank, calm down! She's all yours, I know you like her!'' O/F/N yelled and fell onto the floor with a thud, laughing his eyes out. I rolled my eyes before playfully kicked O/F/N.

''... Shut up.'' C/N groaned and walked away as a few athletes came in the gym, cutting our moment of peace. I watched him leave, somehow, I felt my heart clenching.
---

''Hey, Y/N, DO YOU WANT TO PLAY FRISBEE, JUST TOSSING BACK AND FORTH!'' Another friend shouted. I turned my head to him, quickly forgetting C/N who was grumpy.

''SURE!'' I answered, leaving O/F/N alone at the table. I jogged to my friend, who was already tossing me the frisbee. I caught it perfectly in mid-air, soon throwing it back to him. The cycle continued back and forth for a while. A small drop of sweat ran down my forehead.

He threw it back, going a little further than expected. I dove, trying to catch it. The frisbee fell and slid to C/N who was sitting on the floor, arms crossed over his chest. 'Geez, cry baby.'
C/N glared at me, making me freeze at my spot before I could react, he snatched the frisbee and stood up.
"HEYY! Give it back!" I demanded, putting my hand out.
"Dude! Can I play too?" He called out to my friend. The latter nodded and made a sign for C/N to toss back the frisbee. So he did.
I watched as the disc flew above my head and into my friend's hand.
We gathered around him and discussed a new frisbee game since we were 3 players now.
We decided to play Ultimate. You simply had to score a goal. Since we were three, it was more of a monkey in the middle. Someone stays in the middle and tries to stop the others scoring goals. I decided to partner up with my friend, leaving C/N to be the monkey in the middle. He frowned not liking the idea of defending.
My friend stood the other part of the gym, so was I. C/N was still in the middle. As soon as we started the game, C/N barged towards me not caring a single bit that I wasn't the one holding the frisbee.
I stood there frozen at the sight of a C/N rushing straight into me. He abruptly stopped right in front of me, a little bit too close. I could feel his breath on top of my head. My heart thumped loudly. He let out audible to anyone to hear. "I don't care about the frisbee. I don't need to protect it. I choose to protect Y/N instead." His sentence made my heart drop, and triple salto. My heart skipping around, like a princess.
He advanced, even more, closing the gap in between of us.
The voice of my friend yelling at me to catch the frisbee snapped me out of my stance. I glanced at C/N's eyes who were already staring straight through my soul. I ran and put my hand out, ready to catch the frisbee who was mid-air and about to arrive at me.
I caught it perfectly with one hand. I was going to do a small victory dance before I felt a strong pair of arms pulling me from behind. Backhug. My back landing onto his chest, my breath gasping loudly, and my eyes widening at the moment I realized what he just did. C/N hugged me from behind, his head nuzzling into the crook of my neck. I didn't try to struggle away from his embrace, instead, I savored the rare moment.
"Since you're not dating O/F/N, maybe we could go on a date then." He whispered in my ear, tickling me. I beamed, a smile tugging from both ends of my lips.
"GUYS! ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO PLAY OR GET A ROOM?!" Our friend told annoyed by our lovey-dovey moment.
---
He is so random most of the times, dropping the most romantic childish lines. I love him so much.