You who revived me

A/N: hello, your author here, I'm sorry for the late updates, but exams are right at the tips of my fingers, and I'm busy with the sport I play. I have to fly back and forth, going to tournaments. I have a hectic schedule. I'll come back.
---
I've always despised the meaning of ''love at first sight''. The reasons are simple; first of all, you fell in love with his or her looks, most probably. Secondly, you don't know how she or he truly is, as in their personalities. That's exactly why I take to heart the expression 'don't judge a book by its cover.' Of course, if you pass by a good looking man, your heart momentarily skip a beat, but when he is out of your sights, you move on. I bet, after 2 hours, you won't even remember that good-looking stranger.

I sighed rubbing my eyes tiringly, watching the badminton games in front of me. It was a big tournament, a national one, to be exact. It regrouped all the players of all the states/provincials of our country. And here, I was, sitting on an uncomfortable bench, watching the matches going on. Frequently, we could hear some yellings of the players.

I was tired, my eyes were droopy, I was on the verge to sleep, but I swore to my male friend that I would watch his double match. (A/N: for people who aren't familiar with badminton, men double= 2 guys vs 2 guys.) He reached quarter finals, playing against the team ranked 4th in the country. He kept talking about how I can't miss his match, how his opponents are really good, and all, but I stopped listening.

I watched him and his partner entering the court. Yellings, cheers were thrown at them. I engulfed air and yelled out. ''LET'S GO JUSTIN!'' I clapped my hands together until they turned red. His opponents soon made their entrance on the court, they stood beside Justin and his partner. My eyes were weirdly drawn to his partner. What is his name? I looked at the scoreboard. ''C/N's last name/ Justin LeBlanc VS Random name/Random name''. I sighed out of desperation not knowing his full name. He was tall, black short hair, eyes like a sphinx, and a high nose.

''LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ON MY RIGHT, JUSTIN LEBLANC, AND C/N'S FULL NAME. ON MY LEFT, (RANDOM NAME AND RANDOM NAME). JUSTIN TO SERVE TO RANDOM NAME. ZERO ALL, PLAY.'' The empire/arbitrary announced loudly. I clasped my hands together, bringing them next to my lips, praying hard that Justin and his partner win. The match went on with tight, and long rallies. The crowd was into the game. Everytime that one of the players saved the shot, all the audience would gasp.

''Hey, Y/N, do you want to get snacks upstairs, at the canteen?'' Kate, my friend, asked.

I nodded, secretly wanting to stay and watch Justin's game. I grabbed my wallet, and walked out of the gym, climbing up stairs to reach the canteen. There was almost no one in the waiting line, probably because watching the quarter finals is way more fun and important. I grabbed a bag of chips and paid for it. I looked to my right and spotted Kate still deciding between two brands of chewing gums. I sighed, I wanted to go watch Justin's match, and here she was still deciding between two same flavors: mint or fresh mint.

''Can you hurry up?'' I asked

''Mint, or fresh mint?''

I rolled my eyes as I approached her and snatched away the blue package. ''Here, this one, can we leave now?''She groaned in response and headed to the cashier.

''Meet you downstairs!'' I soon dashed out and came back to my previous seat. The match had already started, it was a tight game. I embrace myself tighter and tighter as the rally went on. Who is going to lose that rally? My eyes went to the scoreboard 17-16, their opponents were leading. They soon started smashing, I stopped breathing waiting for Justin's quick response with a defense move. The rally went on with the adversary team smashing and Justin's team's great receiving. Until the opponent went full attacking mode on C/N. The latter was struggling to defend himself from the numerous hard attacks. I gasped and dropped the bag of chips as I stopped breathing, everything went slow motion as C/N just saved a smash behind his back. His racket rotating behind his back as he successfully saved the shot. The whole gym went crazy. All the attention was on that sole court. People were yelling to one another, saying how crazy that save was. The benches were trembling from a number of people jumping in surprise. I swore that I shivered. I laughed out of nervousness, snapping my head to Kate, watching her reaction. She spaced out.
The excitement soon died down as we all concentrated on the ongoing rally. I watched as C/N ran to the shot and smashed it down, ending the rally. I couldn't help but yell and cheered. My hands were red from the clapping. My eyes lingered to C/N throwing his racket in the air and yelled. ''LET'S GOOO!'' I returned my attention on Justin he was in awe just like me, realizing what his partner just did.