Plot twist

A/N: my momma said not all changed are bad. Those changes will push you out of your comfort zone, and it's up to you if you want to make something beautiful out of it. Just remember that life will drive you mad sometimes, but hang on tight and don't let it crush you. 

---

You tapped your fingers on the table, nodding at whatever the guy in front of you was talking about. He was on about a football game he went to last week and how as he got hit by it square in the face. Normally, you would be a bit more interested had he not talked about useless things the whole time you were eating.

This is what you get for letting your friend set you up on an online date.

As you continued to pick on your food, you noticed the silence that grew. You slowly looked up, locking gazes with him. "What?" You asked.

"Nothing," he shook his head. "You just look really beautiful."

You gave him the fakest smile.

It would've been a very nice compliment, but this was the 7th time he said that in an hour. 'He really has nothing to say, does he?' You mentally sighed.

As he continued the same conversation, you let your eyes scan the rest of the coffee shop. You envied everyone who was happily discussing more interesting subjects than your date's. Your eyes were still moving around before they landed on a man sitting in the corner of the room.

Tall, lean, with slightly ruffled hair, as if he had run his fingers through it countless times. He looked effortlessly stunning. His eyes had captured your attention. Dark brown. So brown and deep that you were scared of getting lost in his gaze. 

His hand was wrapped around his drink and he seemed concentrated at whatever he was writing on his notebook with the other hand. He looked well handsome dressed in a nice blue shirt with black suspenders and pants, all neatly, like he just came back from his first day at work.

You noticed how you weren't the only one staring as few people around him were stealing glances. Well, he did look like a piece of art. A fine piece of art may I add that. 

He took a sip of his drink, finally looking up from his notebook and you almost jumped in your seat as his eyes landed on you. Embarrassed, you pretended to look around him and turned your head to talk with your date, who looked confused.

"Are you alright? You seemed a bit distracted there," he asked.

"O-Oh! Yeah! I, uh..." you stopped to think of an excuse, but your eyes drifted back to the man in the corner.

He was leaning on the table, his head resting on his propped up hand and you saw a faint smile on his expression as he was still looking at you. Your eyes widened before you let out a strange laugh.

"I just forgot to lock my door this morning! Silly me..." You rubbed your arms, smiling sheepishly.

"Oh, that's bad. Should we leave soon, then?"

You thought for a moment, as your eyes, yet again, trailed back to the man in suspenders. This time, he was taking a sip of his drink and as he noticed you were staring at him, he winked.

"Y-Yes!" You exclaimed and stood up fast. People were looking at you strangely so you apologized quietly and sat back down.

"Uh," your date frowned. "I'll just go to the bathroom first if that's alright."

As he left the table, you immediately gave a sigh of relief. You never felt this embarrassed, acting like some clown. You just wished this day would end quickly so you could go home and hibernate in your bed.