You're my Superhero

A/N: Taken from my tumblr page. Follow me there for constant shenanigans :) 

---

"Excuse me!? Come at me again?" you screech, a hand posed on your chest, utterly baffled by what your boyfriend had stated.

C/N challenged you with a raised eyebrow, "oh darling, you heard me just right. Batman isn't a superhero." He crossed his arms over his chest, before leaning back on the couch, a shit-eating smirk of his lips. He enjoys the way your eyes had doubled in size and how your mouth had been left agape. "You might want to close that mouth of yours before you swallow a-"

"Give me three good reasons why Batman isn't a superhero," you dare him, eyes glued to his orbs.

The heated argument had risen up the moment your boyfriend and you had to decide for a movie to watch on Netflix. You had just recently started to read the DC comics and are a complete fanatic of Batman. You had been dying to binge-watch all the Batman movies with your boyfriend. But, of course, C/N despises the Dark Knight and insists on rewatching the whole Ironman series. You were ready to compromise with your dear man, until he had stated that the Bat was not a superhero, completely burning all the remaining ideas to bargain with him from your mind.

Minutes pass by in complete silence. Both of you ingulfed in a staring contest. You wait in this pregnant silence, before smirking. "See? You have zero arguments to support your statement, therefore, your statement is invalid." You shuffle through the blankets on the floor to finally settle down on the couch. You hear a scoff from C/N before he drags his ass on the couch away from you.

"First of all," C/N lifts up his index to indicate his point, "Batman is the creepiest superhero." He lifts his left hand to air quote his last word. You stared at him unconvinced.

"I'm listening."

"He only comes out at night, his face is always covered up, he's always ambushing in dark alleys."

"So? What's your point?"

"He fits the right into the description of a predator, Y/N!" He throws his hands up in the air, as another wave of bewilderment hits you. "W-What?"

"What kind of superhero does that!?" C/N shrieks. He then looks at you for a brief moment, making sure you were still listening to him. "Second of all, he has no superpowers." He crosses his arms, his chest puffing out a little bit. "And you think that Ironman has superpowers? Last time I checked, he walks around in an iron suit and owns expensive ground-breaking gadgets! Yet, he is still considered a superhero!" You fire back at him. Your boyfriend wiggles a finger in your face, like a child, would do when he does not want to listen. "Nuh-uh, you don't get to drag Ironman in this conversation." Completely taking you off guard at that comment, you scoffed in return. Before your boyfriend even gets the chance to open his mouth, you lift a finger at him, slightly mimicking him. He notices your little index finger near the bottom of his face and he leans down to playfully bite it.

You yelp and quickly pulled away, glaring at him, and C/N returns a pout at you. "Batman might not have superpowers, but he still saves Gotham from various crimes. He is a smart man who can predict the outcomes of Gotham," you seethed, still holding your bitten finger close to your chest.

C/N's wary glance drops on your finger. A crease formed on his forehead at the sight of you practically cradling your finger to your chest as you spoke. A pang of guilt hits his chest before he pulls your close to his body. The warm of his skin quickly engulfs you as his hands wrap around yours. He leans down and smooches the finger he had the audacity to bite.

The tension in the room had fallen down. No more playful banters, just a normal couple sharing an intimate moment in one another's arms. But of course, you are not a normal couple per se because your boyfriend would never ever accept to lose an argument. "Batman is still not a superhero even if you hurt your finger," he whispers in your ears. He screeches at the sight of you pushing his hands away from yours and turned around to grab a hold of the couch's pillows. "Come back here you idiot!" You scream, hot on your boyfriend's tail.

You ran after the taller man. He dashes around the living room, hopping over the obstacles such as blankets and pillows, cackling even louder at the sound of you thumping and falling face-first on the blankets. He doesn't even bother turning around to make sure you didn't injure yourself because you are up and back to chasing this god damn man. His feet lead him to your shared room, his eyes frantically scan the bedroom, searching for a certain object he can use to protect himself from your incoming pillow attacks.

Your footsteps are getting closer and closer until he lunged towards the Nerf gun he found laying next to your bed. His breath hitches in excitement finding the gun stock completely with blue styrofoam bullets. When he finally looks up to where you're standing in the doorframe, he manages to dodge a pillow thrown at his face. You grunt, cursing at his 6th sense and reflexes to be so damn good. You grab another pillow from your bed but freeze at the second your eyes lay on the Nerf gun your boyfriend aims at you.

You scream as he fires once at you, gripping the pillow against your face, you dashed blindly to the bed. Your body plops down heavily on the surface and you scrambled on all four to hide under the blanket. Another round of Nerf bullet flies around the room, and you scream when a shadow passes over your body under the blanket.

C/N tugs at the ends of your blanket, trying to peel it off of you, so you hold on tightly and tuck the end pieces under your body. "Stop!" You plead, your throat is raw from all the laughing, but you continue to verbally protest at the use of the Nerf gun."Come out of the blanket, sweetheart!" C/N cackles and coos at you, but you refuse to listen to his sweet words. You feel his presence lurking at the end of the bed. "Alright, then, I'm leaving, I'm going to go watch Batman by myself," C/N taunts, knowing how much that affects you. You hear his footsteps leave the room, and after waiting for a good 45 seconds you decide that the lack of oxygen was getting too suffocating. You poke your head out, almost looking like a turtle peeking out of its shell. And then something blue hits right in between your eyebrows, scaring the living hell out of you. And a thump on the floor quickly follows. You whine at your boyfriend who ends up getting cramps from the excessive amount of laughter. With a prominent pout on your lips, you watch as C/N walks over to your form lying limply on the bed before he bends down to cover your whole face with kisses.

"I love you 3000."

--

A/N: ngl, some y'all take physical description very seriously. And I keep repeating myself over and over again. I don't know how your crush looks like, or how old that person is, much less how their personality truly is. Stop taking offense in how my characters act and how they are described. Reading comments such as: "He's 6ft" over and over again is getting pretty annoying(especially when I described my character as "short"). I write these stories for fun and I'm intending on keeping it like that. Thank you for coming to my TED talk. 

Aside from that rant, stay safe and wash your hands during these difficult times!