Soulmates

Because it's getting colder here in Canada, so here's more of a heartfelt one. Cuddle with your loved ones. *Hug myself 'cuz I'm lonely*

Ps: Enjoy what you have now because we never know when everything will collapse. Carpe Diem everyone!

LOVE, VOTE, COMMENTS (please be nice to me when commenting XD)

---

C/N's POV

I don't believe in soulmates. There is no such thing as someone will always belong to you. I've been scarred from a girl. It still hasn't healed. The single thought of her pierces me again and again. So the moment you asked me if I believe in soulmates. My answer was a firm no. You've looked at me as if I was a 3 headed monster. Your eyebrows furrowing together, as you stared at me deeply like you were searching for a reason.

''Why?'' you sounded breathless. I cocked my head to one side not understanding why I should give you an explanation. ''A life partner!'' You exclaimed cutely. An eye smile spread across your flawless facial features. Those cute bunny teeth grinning.

''Y/N, do you believe in such thing?'' I asked softly, watching you nod. The soft wind blowing your hair aside, giving me a clear view of your dreamy smile.

''Yes, and if I had found that person I would never let go. I would chase after that person'' You sounded hesitant before adding, ''a child never hesitates on what he or she wants because they know that if they don't fight for it, they'll end up crying.''

As if we were having a staring contest. You didn't seem like you were going to let it pass until you get something out of me. You waited for an answer. I sighed rubbing my forehead with my fingertips. Smoothing out the skin under my touch. I glanced around, we were surrounded by the sea. A calming breeze would pass, engulfing the sea scent.

I gripped onto some sand underneath me, as I prepared my answer.

''I once got hurt by a girl, and I don't think I'll ever overcome that.'' I met your gaze, silently asking if that answer was enough. Yet, you tilted your head even further, pushing me to talk more. Looking at my knuckles as they turned white from the pressure I applied gripping onto the sand. I staggered not knowing what else to say. Why would I tell you my story?

You're a friend. You would frequently end up having to help me get back home safely after a couple of drinks. We would end up having to comfort our friends who we have in common, whenever they are in distress. Or act like cupids. Pushing our friends together to date.

We once ended up having to fake being a couple to push our friends together. We had to fake dates. They were incredible to my memories, but acting will always stay acting. You and I were like companions. Even if there was a tiny voice behind telling me how much I valued you, I quickly pushed it away. I can't replace my ex for you.

I snapped my head back to where you were sitting next to me. ''Why should I tell you everything? What does it have to do with you?'' I let out angrily. I didn't expect what happened next. Instead of saying anything back in defense, you remained calmed and composed.

You looked fragile. Almost as if the wind could blow you away. I was scared you would fade like a beautiful memory.

''Because I love you.'' You let out like a breath. I swore I saw a sheen of tears covering your eyes. My eyes widening as I let your words sink in. My hand felt loose as the sand ran in between my fingers. ''I love you and I try to understand why you are so indifferent towards me. I've fallen for you the moment we acted like a couple. I thought maybe I had a chance with you.'' You ran a hand through your hair, untangling it. You were now whimpering.
"But clearly yo-"