Seesaw

A/N: Eum. I feel like I should change this book's title to angst crush imagines...

Yeah, that's my way to tell you guys to get ready to tear up a little. 

---

''Talk to me, C/N...'' You whispered, hands on top of his, trying to catch his attention. He couldn't meet your eyes. His eyes dancing around the whole room, trying to distract himself. 

''It's fine, I'm just tired.'' He whispered, voice low with a hint of annoyance. He wanted you to drop your interrogation and move on. He was tired of all of this, and you knew it. But you were also tired of his distant behavior. 

He hadn't been acting like himself for the past few months. 

Coming home late. Not replying to your texts, not answering your calls, not greeting you. He had changed so drastically you couldn't even recognize the man you fell in love with. The man sitting in front of you is not the C/N you would feel butterflies whenever waking up right next to him.  

No, this man was not the man who would stand at your doorsteps with flowers in his hands at 9pm, asking to go on a date. He wasn't the man who promised you beautiful things. C/N wasn't the man he used to be. 

And it made you feel sick to the core to see his behavior changing right in front of you. You knew it was only a matter of fact before you guys will end things. And no matter how many times you tell yourself that this is just a phase. That you guys just lack communication, your brain knew that you were only fooling yourself by playing along. Playing along with this stupid game of love. But you wanted to hang on tight and make it last. 

You didn't want to end the game, just yet. 

You wanted the sparks to come back. The fire to ignite once more. You wanted the passion of love to overwhelm you. But, it seemed like you were the only one wanting this. 

The only one fighting for this relationship. The only one rushing around to keep things in order. To keep your love on track. And you hated it. You were only crumbling inside, but you kept a smile on. 

He used to tell how beautiful your smile was, how your smile warmed up his days. Maybe if you kept on smiling through this pain, maybe, just maybe, he'll come back. 

The sound of his chair screeching loudly on the floor, made your eyes glance up at his form. 

How ironic. C/N was physically there, breathing just fine. But his heart who used to be yours was slowing disappearing into thin airs. Just like holding onto the sand. His love was slipping away from your hand. 

''Can we just talk about it?'' You whimpered, now standing up to meet him face to face. 

His shoulders slumped as he took a deep breathe in. He brought his hands to his face and massaged his temple. You knew he was annoyed. 

''What is there to talk about?'' He asked, his back still facing you. ''Look, can we talk about it tomorrow? I'm tired, I just want to go to sleep, and you're only making this difficult for us.''

You froze, jaw dropped.

''How dare you put all the blame on me?! I'm trying to help our situation before it all goes crumbling down!'' Your voice was getting louder, making him raise an eyebrow. ''I'm not the one running away from confrontations! I'm facing my god damn problems! And you're running away!'' 

He abruptly turned around, eyes glaring at your smaller form. 

''What is there to talk about!?'' He repeated, taking big strides to you.