Chapter 40

When Malhotra family shifted from Delhi to Mumbai whilst settling their business Manik and Sameer noticed that the fashion designing house which Soha used to handle was famous because Nandini was extremely talented.

After Soha's arrest the fashion designing house closed down which made Nandini sad hence on her 24th birthday Malhotra family gave Nandini a surprise gift 'a huge fashion designing boutique'. (God even I want in laws like Malhotras 😋) Nandini was hesitant to accept it but Amms ordered her to accept it.

In just 6 months Nandini because of her hard work and dedication became one of the India 's best fashion designer, she was already an expert designer but never got the exposure to the world because of devils but Manik made sure that she got every single opportunity to show her talent. Now Nandini had national international celebrity clients. Nandini before their marriage participated in a very famous fashion week which made her even more popular hence the day of Manan's wedding was worldwide buzz because the world famous fashion designer Nandini Murthy was marrying Manik Malhotra, the Rockstar and multimillionaire business tycoon of India. Many international celebrities along with Indian celebrities attended the most happening fairytale like wedding of Manan.

After coming back from their honeymoon Manan had to leave for their respective works. But they always made sure that they had time for each other and their families. Sometimes Nandini would come to Manik's office for lunch or someday Manik would come to her office to give her surprise.

.

.

Nandini was sitting in her lavish cabin addressing her employees about upcoming important events and fashion weeks in the middle of the meeting her phone started ringing she quickly finished the meeting thinking it's Manik's call and ran to take the call. But to her dismay it was an unknown number. She still received the call thinking that it's may be from some of her clients but from other side nobody spoke, she thought may be it was network fault and ended the call.

Nandini again started working but again her phone started ringing she received the call but nobody answered. This happened for 4-5 times call was coming from same number. Nandini was getting irritated because she understood it was a prank as she was clearly able to hear the background noises from the call but person wasn't talking.

After an hour or so  again her phone started ringing but this time she without even seeing the number started shouting

Nandini : IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING ME. STOP CALLING ME OR ELSE I'LL CALL POLICE......

person : OMG Nandu you'll send your own innocence husband into jail for just for calling you.

Nandini realized it was Manik and sobered up : Oh no I'm so sorry Manik I didn't see the caller ID and shouted at you I'm really sorry Manik.

Manik chuckled : No problem baby I understand but you tell me why are you so angry and who was troubling my baby.

Nandini sighed : I don't know Manik some stupid idiot is calling me from last two hours I'm able to hear the background noises clearly from call but that person is not talking. I think it's some prank. But its irritating me a lot I'm not able to concentrate and I have to work on very important project.

Manik : Hey hey baby please don't stress yourself so much for such stupid prank alright. Do one thing just forward me that number I'll handle it ok

Nandini : ok.

Manik : Leave all that and tell me did you eat ?

Nandini bit her tongue and said in low voice : I was about to go and eat Manik.

Manik as expected by Nandini blasted in anger : WoW Nandini really you think I'll buy that excuse. When will you learn that you are not allowed to miss your meal.

This was regular banter between manan Nandini forgetting to take her meal and Manik scolding her like her mother. It started when
after one month when Malhotra family shifted to Mumbai. One day Manik received a call from Nandini's office that Nandini suddenly fainted. He freaked out and ran towards hospital.

Manik saw his Nandini was lying unconscious on the hospital bed with pale face and various drips attached to her body. The sight left him she'll shocked and worried to his core.

Doctor informed him that Nandini was suffering from anemia,and that too from very long time. Manik was shocked to the core.  He felt anger flaring in his whole body due to The devils who had tortured his Nandini in every possible way.

Manik had immediately decided to shift Nandini to Malhotra mansion where he could take care of his love properly. He was so adamant that Amms and Abhi literally had to beg Manik for not take away Nandini. He very reluctantly agreed but spent most of his time with Nandini. Because of combined efforts by all and most of them by Manik, Nandini had now started recovering.

Now after almost five months from the fainting incident Nandini was a healthy person now still Manik never stopped being the overprotective lover of Nandini.

Nandini : ok ok calm down my hubby. I promise I'll eat.

Manik : NO get up now and go eat or else I'm coming over there.

Nandini : no no no wait I'm going I'm going ok. Cool down

Manik : good get up now and eat.

Nandini : Yes boss. I'll eat but before that Smile.

Her response brought a small smile on his face and Nandini sighed in relief.

.

.

In the evening manan were having great family dinner with Sameer and Nyonika.

Sameer : so Nandu when are the results of the New York Fashion week are coming.

Nyonika : Let them come anytime Sameer I'm 100% sure Nandini definitely going to get the chance of participating in it and she is for sure going to win.

Manik : That thing is undoubtedly going to happen Nandu is definitely going to get selected and win the show.

Nandini smiled and nodded her head in disbelief because their overconfidence on her.

Just then her phone rang it was her Secretary's call.

Nandini : Yes Disha any problem ?

She heard her Secretary 's reply and started jumping in happiness. All looked at her amused.

Nyonika : See I told you that you are definitely going to get selected.

Nandini jumped and hugged Nyonika

Nandini : Yes mom you're absolutely right I got selected.

Next Nandini hugged Sameer and finally jumped on Manik who picked her up and twirled around.

Both giggled loudly and their parents watched them happily.

Their life was perfect, filled with love and happiness.

.

.