Chapter 41

It was day of Nandini's departure to New York. Nyonika was running from kitchen to her bedroom and back to living room carrying bags and checking out the last minute preparations.

On the other hand Nandini was trying to cheer up Manik and Sameer who were sitting on couch in living room with sad, long, sour and angry expressions on their faces.

Nandini : Manik , Dad please I won't be able to go to NY if you both would be this sad while sending me away. Please smile please

Manik : but I want to come with you na

Sameer : same here I'm dying to come with you but this stupid manager

Manik : exactly dad this all happened because of that stupid manager who kept that important meeting on the same day of Nandini's program and we have to go to Dubai and timings are also exactly same. Bloody manager I'm going to fire him.

Nandini chuckled seeing their childish expressions : I know that you guys want to come with me and even I'm feeling nervous because it will be my first competition where you guys won't be there to support me. But we can't be selfish right your work is also equally important na. Please guys smile and wish me luck.

Finally Sameer smiled and Nandini heaved a sigh of relief but Manik just got up and left to their bedroom in anger.

Nandini : Manik wait.

Sameer : go talk to him

Nandini went her room and opened her mouth to call his name but it was shut in half second by a passionate kiss.

Manik pinned her to the wall and started sucking her lips and for next 15 minutes their make out session continued. After both felt difficult to breath they stopped.

Nandini : Manik

Manik kept his finger on her Lips : Shhhhh. I know and I understand your point love don't stress yourself.

Nandini : then why did you come upstairs in so much anger.

Manik chuckled and pecked her lips once again : because I wanted to wish my lovely wife in my special way.

Nandini playfully glared at him : Manikkkk

Manik chuckled again and after lots of kisses and pecks finally
Manan started descent stairs. They were in the middle of conversation just then they heard Nyonika's sharp cry of pain.

They ran towards the voice only to see Nyonika sitting on the floor holding her leg and crying in pain.

Manik picked her up and placed her on couch, Sameer called Doctor and Nandini went to kitchen to get hot water bag as Nyonika's leg saw now badly swollen.

Soon Doctor came and checked her.

Manik : Doc My Mom will be fine right ?

Sameer : Is there any serious injury

Everyone looked at Doctor with hopes which the doctor shattered with the bad news.

Doctor : Unfortunately she has fractured her leg. She won't be able to walk for at least 2 months.

All gasped in shock.

Nyonika : What no no no I have to go to New York today.

Doctor : Well I'm sorry to say now you can't.

Nyonika : But I can't miss Nandu's show

Nandini : Don't worry Mom you won't miss it

All : How ?

Nandini : I'm not going to New York so there won't be any show.

Nyonika : No ways you are giving up on the biggest opportunity Nandu.