PART 8// Stares

•KENZIE'S POV•

Tonight, Lauren, Natalie and I are having a sleep over at Lauren's place. It's Friday night and what else could be great than a girls night, watching movies, Fangirling over hot boys, doing eachothers nails, singing and dancing to random songs, and eat junk food until we're hungry again.

What could possibly go wrong, right?

I walk to Lauren's house which is two houses from mine so it's not that far.

*knock knock*
the sound of my knuckles connecting to the hardwood door is banging through my ears.
Luckily the door swings open on the fifth knock. But it's not Lauren who opens it.

"Hey Kenzie, Come in" John smiles to me that I gladly return. I'm trying my best to act cool in front of him, if not I could've just hugged him here.

"Where's Lauren?" I ask him

"Choppy's in her room, she's setting it up for you guys" he says and I laugh at the nickname he gave to Lauren.

"Where are your parents?" Asking him to make less awkward because I just realized we are the only ones in the living room.

"They have to go to a friends house, they'll be back by midnight" He says as he finally sits on the sofa and pats the spot beside him telling me to sit down.
I didn't even hesitate and drop my self onto the soft fluffy material letting my bag fall on the floor.

"Is Nat here yet?" I ask him, and his nose scrunches up which I find a cute habit of him when he's disgust or hates something.
These little things never leave my head, I wish he could still remember my little things too. I honestly miss him so much

"No, If she is here why would I care anyway?" He rolls his eyes in a playful manner, Everyone knows that Natalie has feelings for Johnny but Natalie is just out of his league.

"Hey, Don't say that, she's my friend" I say as I smack his arm softly and he laughs at me.

"Okay, Only cause you said so" He smiles down at me.

What does that even mean? Oh no, why am I thinking too much, he doesn't even know me anymore.

We stare at each others eyes for a good 15 seconds until someone clear their through which I'm guessing is Lauren.

We both awkwardly shuffle and he pretends to fix the lamp beside him that I know is fine and I just stand up and grab my bag.

"Come on Choppy, lets go to your room" I drag Lauren and she smacks my arm playfully at the nickname that I called her.
• • •

"So tell me what was that staring all about? Are you guys playing some sort of game and didn't invite me to play with you guys" She smirks.

"Oh shut up, I don't even remember what I did down there" I simply say and drop myself onto Lauren's bed.

"You know I know what you two were doing" She says looking at me suspiciously

"Its not important okay, now lets call Nat, ask her where she is" I tell her trying to avoid the topic.

"Don't you dare try to change the topic Ziegler!" She says crossing her arms.

"Alright, Alright, I don't really know what happened okay, He opened the door for me and we talked about random stuff then we got lost into each others eyes. Crap, I hate this feeling" I cover my face with Lauren's pillow feeling the soft material sweep my heated face. I'm blushing so hard right now.

"Ooh looks like somebody is finally having a crush on my brother" She giggles and snatches the pillow from me to get a better look of my face.

"Aw my little Ziegler is blushing" She says referring to my deep pink cheeks that won't fade away.

"Okay stop it Chopstick" I point at her, and we laugh together.

"Guys, you won't believe what just happened" Natalie says suddenly running into Lauren's room without greeting us.

"Woah, where did you come from stranger?" I ask her playfully.

"What happened?"

"Johnny opened the door for me and our eyes met and oh my god I think he likes me, the way he looked at me was so not normal, it was only three seconds but oh my goood" She says getting hyped up at the topic that John looked at her for three freaking seconds.

I turn away and roll my eyes, Why is she so clingy. It sometimes annoys me.

"You're being over dramatic, Nat" Lauren says rolling her eyes too.

"No I'm not" She denies.

"Okay, okay we get it. Johnny likes you, now lets change the topic" I finally say stressfully.

This is going to be a hard night
_____________________________________
A/N: Sorry for late update. I'm working on something else, Hope you guys understand❤️ and oh spoiler : the next chapter might or might not be a bit juicy so stay tuned.

Lets get it to 1K reads before March.

-The Z