PART 15//Broke

•KENZIE'S POV•

My week was ruff and I always get nasty stares from Sophie.

Luckily it's Saturday and I don't have to see that girl who is just a pain in the ass.

Today, Jake and I are going out to Starbucks. He's going to pick me up in 6 minutes so I quickly get ready and put on a white tee, blue high wasted jeans and a pair of black vans.

I hear a honk, I quickly grab my bag and phone and run outside not forgetting to say bye to my Mom.

"Hey" I greet Jake as I climb in his car on the passenger seat.

"You're so cute today, well you're always cute. But I never complement you that much do I?" He smiles.

"You don't have to complement me" I laugh.

"Okay then but I just want you to know how beautiful you are. I'm sure John never says that to you" He looks at me for a second and I look at him with a frown.

"What do you mean? He complements me everyday, Its not like I care though" I say looking out the window

"Where here" He says getting out of the car and running to my side to open the door for me.

What a gentleman.

We go into Starbucks and take a seat but something distracts my eye from outside

It looks like Johnny's car. But it couldn't be, cause yesterday he told me he was going out with Hayden to get some new shoes.

I just wash the thoughts out of my head and turn to face Jake.

We order our drinks and sit back to our seats,

"What was bothering you?"He asks

"What do you mean"

"I saw you looking outside like you were looking for someone" He puts his head on the palm of his hands which is propping up his head.

"Oh never mind, I forgot about it" I smile

"Okay forget about that, Lets talk about us"
He says staring at me like he means something.

"What about us? There's nothing about us to talk about" I try to avoid conversations like this with him but he keeps bringing it up.

We heard a sneeze from a table behind Jake and it came from a person wearing a black hoodie with the hood up and lowering his head down.
Well, What a strange person.

We ignore him and Jake keeps convincing me to talk about our relationship which clearly is just friends, I don't understand why he wants more than this.

"I'm tired of us only being friends, Kenzie. I like you, like a lot. I'm so confused why do you pick Johnny over me" He crosses his darms and looks at me sadly

"I'm not picking anyone here stop making stuff up, John is just my best friend. We're nothing more than that. It's not like I like him. Well, I do I mean as friends" I say and scroll through my phone.

"Oh come on don't lie, It's obvious you like each other but John doesn't give you that much attention, does he?" His lips crack into an evil smile as he leans in closer to me.

"Are you freaking kidding me Jake, I don't like him okay. Just stop it, I'm out of here" I say and stand up to leave but he caught my hand.

"Don't leave, babe I'm sorry. Just give me another chance" He says and hugs me.

"Alright" I say but I don't hug him back.

"Can I kiss you" He suddenly asks

"No, ew" I say disgustingly.

He laughs and we both get up to leave. That mysterious boy is still sitting there doing nothing, it is creeping me out.

On our way I look at my phone to see the time and it's 03:58 PM, I am suppose to meet Johnny in 4 at the park where we use to hangout.

But Jake drives me to a different place.

"Jake, where are we going? You're supposed to take me home" I say panicking

"I'm going to take you to a beautiful place, you'll love it"

I don't say anything and keep checking on my phone.

We arrive at the place where Jake said I'll love.

It's actually really beautiful.

"This is so amazing" I look at the view in awe and sit down on a rock

We are near the lake and it's so beautiful, all the flowers that are blooming making it more gorgeous.

But I totally forgot the time, It's almost 5 PM and I have to meet Johnny.

"We have to leave now" I say and pulling Jake towards his car

He didn't say a word and drive me to my house, I said a quick thank you and go in my house to only drop my bag and run off to the park.

I see Johnny all alone, staring at trees, on his usual side of the swing. I feel so bad, I'm late by one hour.

"John, I'm so sorry I was-"

"You were out with Jake, I understand. I was about to leave anyways" he cuts my sentence not even looking at me.

But how did he know? I didn't tell him anything about my plans today.

"How did you know" I ask.

"It doesn't matter how I knew, You broke your promise. Did you think that I was not going to wait for you for more than one hour while your out there. Just forget about this, I'm done" He says quietly, still not looking at me.

"I tried to get here as fast as I could" I tell him

"One hour isn't as fast as you could. I don't. think you really did want to meet me at all, cause maybe I'm just a friend to you. And all I ever done is making sure you're okay 24/7, I cared about you. And I thought you would care about me too" He says calmly not looking at me again.

"Why would you think that way" I ask

"never mind. So, see you when I see you" He looks at me for one second then stands up to leave

"I'm sorry" I whisper as I watch him walk by me not even looking at me a little.

What am I going to do.
____________________________________
A/N: I love these kinds of chapters haha, I'm just gonna leave it there for you guys

So hope u enjoyed reading it so far, its the 15th chapter woohoo🙌🏻

Love y'all😻

-THE Z