PART 24

KENZIE'S POV•

He walks to me at sits beside me on the sand.

It is almost 6 PM and there's only the two of us still here.

I've changed out of my bathing suit and now I'm wearing just a plain T-shirt  with shorts on.

"Hey, uh- I haven't said Happy birthday earlier" He smiles at me, the only light here is the light from the moon and the buildings near the beech.

He looks at me deeply into my eye with pure bliss like he means something.

"Thanks" I say simply trying to act cool.

"I love the waves, just like I love her" He suddenly says looking at the ocean.

"Well, I'm sure that girl loves you too as much as you love the waves.. and chipotle" I laugh

"You know me so well" John giggles, His giggles are so cute no joke. Even these little things make me stare at him, adoring his facial features

What am I thinking. I don't like him, well I mean I do, not more than bestfriends.

But do I?

I don't know about my feelings. People say that Johnny likes me but he keeps saying he likes someone and I'm sure that someone isn't me. I mean look at me, I'm just an imperfect girl with an imperfect body and and a silly behavior. He deserves more than who I am.

"Are you sure you're not dating Jake?" He asks

"No, I don't even like him" I say shrugging

"Then who do you love?" He ask seriously

"Love is a strong word, John. I don't love anybody but if you asked who I like then its a somebody"

"Just tell me and I'll tell you who I like too. You're secret is safe with me" He assures me. I don't even know what I'm going to say to him.

Do I like him?

That question plays in my head for as long as I can remember.

and the only answer is I'm not sure.

Should I be open to him about my feelings?

"I um- I like a friend from school" I say simply

"Oh, Wow you like a nameless person from school. Amazing can't wait to meet him" He says sarcastically.

I laugh at his childish manner and hit his arm softly

"His name has a 'Y' in it" I say giving him a stupid clue.

"Hayden? you like Hayden? Cool" I says awkwardly

"No you butthead I'm not a backstabber. You know Lauren and Hayden have a thing" I roll my eyes at his statement.

"Yeah.. I thought so too. Cause If you knew your bestfriend likes someone you shouldn't act like you don't know anything and lie about dating that someone to break their friendship, right?" He looks at me as if he's telling me the story of his life.

"That's a big mistake if someone did that, You know lies are lies and if lies break a friendship its hard to put it back together. Remember my words" I tell him.

"Well someone did that to me, and I just kept quiet the whole time. Like I always do when people betray me"

"It's Jake isn't it" I look at him and wait for an answer.

"You know life is so complicated being so scared of the future, like I'm scared if I lose a bestfriend one day, or If she'll reject me if I tell my feelings, or our friendship will break because of him" The last sentence made me wonder what he meant. That answers my question, The 'him' is Jake.

"Why would our friendship break because of Jake?"

"Cause he likes you so much and he keeps trying to break our friendship" He rolls his eyes suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

"And how exactly is he trying to break our friendship only cause he likes me?"

He doesn't answer and close the gap between us, He cups my face with his hands and press his lips against mine.

I surprisingly kiss back.

"Thats why" He finally speaks

"Cause I freaking Love you and you have no clue about that. He's trying to get me away from you cause we're always together, You don't know cause you just leave me in this freaking friendzone, Kenz. I'm sick and tired of you being so love blind and making me scared of saying my feelings towards you. Making me scared of what will happen next on this relation that is slowly cracking, I just don't want to love you this hard but I can't, I can't control my feelings and all I want is for you to love me back even if it takes 100 years I'll wait for you. I'll wait for you to say that I'm yours" He continues

I look at him still in shock of what just happened. I'm speechless and know damn well how I feel towards him now.

Those words that came out of his mouth were the ones I've been wanting to hear in ages.

I think it's time to actually get serious with someone for the first time
_____________________________________
A/N : HEYDIHOOOOO miss me?? hihi

I was screaming when I wrote this and read it back. This is the perfect timing whooohoooo.

So wdyt will happen next?? And omg JENZIE'S SECOND KISS AAAAGGHH the feels guys the feels!! 😭

Thank you all so freaking much for reading. You know my fave notification is when you guys comment on my chapter it always makes me smile like no joke I'm always in a good mood.

But okay lets talk about john going on tour and i cant come cause he's not doing an asian tour and my parents wont freaking let me. ugh i h8 life.
-
QOTD: Whats your fave song atm?
AOTD: It ain't me- Tha kween SGOMEZ💖
Answer yours in the comments ;)

-THE Z