PART 21//Plane rides

•JOHNNY'S POV•

I sit back on my seat and stare at the view, it's so beautiful. But not as beautiful as her.

I smile to myself admiring her beauty as she drifts to slumber.

Her mouth parted open a little and her hair is covering half of her face.

I can't believe I still get to see her like this, even these little things can't make me move on.

But she has a boyfriend and I have to act like I'm okay without her.

She is the only reason I smile everyday,
she is my mood booster in every single situation, and she is my bestfriend that cares about me like no other.

But she is not mine.

And maybe she'll never be mine.

I don't want to be a backstabber and tell Jake to breakup with her because I like her.

I want to be a good friend to Jake.

He knows I like Kenzie but he thinks that he knows her first and has the rights to make her his girlfriend.

But eventually Jake got her first, and I can't argue with that. I'm so stupid for not having the guts to ask her out in the first place.

Well, thats what I get for being a chicken and being so scared of getting rejected and ruin our friendship.

But it's already ruined.

I ruined it for us.

I wanted to make her see how happy I am without her. So I have to act like I'm dating Sophie.

I don't know when all of this is going to end but I hope soon.

I didn't realize that I was still staring at her when Maddie clears her throat. I pretend to pick something from the floor but it's too late.

She pulls the hem of my shirt to prop me up.

"I saw that" She smiles.

I scratch the back of my neck nervously and look out the window to hide my red face.

"I know you still like her, John. You can't even deny it" Maddie laughs

"Uh, No. Why would you think like that, We're not in good terms and she has a boyfriend so.." I say finally looking at her.

"Oh stop it. What was that staring all about? and wait, did you just say you guys aren't on good terms and she has a boyfriend?" She half screams surprised at my statement before.

Doesn't she know that Kenzie has a boyfriend? I thought Kenzie tells everything to Maddie.

"What do you mean, you don't know she has boyfriend?" I ask her.

"Um no, she would tell me if she is dating someone I mean it's her second boyfriend why wouldn't she tell me about him" She's getting more curious about her relationship and I'm getting more confused.

"She had a boyfriend before this one?" I ask her also surprised that she only had two boyfriends in her life.

"Yeah, Mark Thomas. They broke up cause he was trying to take Kenzie's first kiss, He was a nice guy but Kenzie just didn't want to make him her first kiss- Okay forget about him tell me who her boyfriend is!" She demands, Ignoring the fact that Kenzie is right between us.

"Jake"

"Jake Hamilton?" She asks

"No, Jacob Sartorius"

"WHAT!" She screams and I immediately cover her mouth with my hands.

Kenzie is moving, we stop what we're doing and look at her. Luckily she falls back to sleep.

"Since when did Kenzie date Jake? She doesn't even like him" Maddie asks as she chews on her gum and twirling a piece of hair with her index finger.

"Yes she does, Well I'm not that sure but Jake said they are dating" I shrug

"And you just believed him before asking to Kenzie or people who is close to her?" She crosses her arms and raise one eyebrow

"Uh maybe..?" I say

"You're stupid John, Please know that" She tells me and starts her film on the plane screen in front of her.

"Yep, I've been told and she doesn't deserve a person like me" I look down to my lap, Maddie messes my hair and laughs

"You know I'm just joking right, you're like a brother to me and if I were to choose someone for my sister I would pick you. But its her life decision and she can be with whoever she wants" She smiles

"I wish her life decisions were controlled by you" I sigh

"You really like her don't you" She softens her voice and I nod slowly

"But she has no idea" She continues. I shot my head up surprised by her statement.

Kenzie doesn't know that I really like her?

So all this time she thinks its a joke?

Maybe that's why she doesn't care that much when I flirt with her. She only thinks I'm a friend.

"But she'll never have feelings for me, I'm just caught up in this stupid friendzone with my childhood bestfriend that almost made me fall in love and now I have to deal with faking to date another whore at school which makes me cringe only to think of it" I say speed talking.

"Woah, slow down chatterbox, You know you dont have to fake date someone. It's only making things whores, You should just make things straight with her. Be the way you guys used to be" She encourages me.

"We will be landing at Ngurah Rai airport in Bali, Indonesia. Please fasten your seatbelt" The air hostess tells us.

I look back to the window and watch the view getting closer and closer.

Kenzie has waken up and shes also staring out the window.

We're landing in a few seconds. She grabs my hand tightly and close her eyes showing that she's afraid of landing.

Well this interesting.

After we perfectly land she let go of my hand and look away awkwardly, I just smirk at her in a playful manner.

Maybe this trip will be fun
____________________________________
A/N: my neck freaking hurts oh my god😭

Anyways aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ily all those nice comments made my day i'm holding my chest too much omg u guys are the best!!!

Thanks for reading. This is too long I think but Okay, I'll update soon.

Byee xo

-The Z