PART 40

KENZIE'S POV•

I take a sip of my water as I wait for Jake to pick me up.

A car honks signing that he's here.

I get in the car and heave a heavy sigh.

"Where are we going?" I ask Jake.

"Just going to eat dinner" He smiles at me and focus on the road.

It was a 30 minute drive and now we're here.

I haven't been to this restaurant but it's not too fancy which I like.

"Mr and Mrs. Sartorius" Jake says to the waitress and she shows us our table that Jake has already booked.

Did he just say Mrs. Sartoruis? Great.
Now people will think I'm his wife.

"You two look like such a happily married couple" The waitress smiles and ask for our order.

I awkwardly shift on my seat and read the menu.
We tell our orders and he holds my hand.

"I want to talk seriously about us" Jake says with a serious tone.

"Uh, I don't think there is anything to talk about us. You're just my boss and that's it, please don't start all those sweet stuff cause I don't want to be in a relationship yet. Hope you understand that" I say lowering my voice and trying so hard to not offend him.

"It's okay, I understand. I'll wait for you" He smiles.

I feel like I need to do my business so I run to the bathroom.

I wash my hand and look at myself in the mirror. Then the toilet door behind me opens and reveals a tall, skinny, tan, gorgeous girl. Her clothes are showing too much skin and it's giving me shivers.

She washes her hands and I give her little glances so it doesn't seem too creepy that I'm looking at her.

I look at her from the mirror and a sudden thought of someone suddenly clicks on my head.

I know that face anywhere, That's Sophie!

I try my best to act like a stranger and walk away but she caught my hand.

"Kenzie?" She asks. Oh my she still remembers me

"Yep, that's me" I smile awkwardly

"Oh my god, It's so nice to meet you again. And gotta tell you something, I'm so happy you're not with Johnny anymore, I don't know how I would get him and all his money and- I mean his love if he didn't have amnesia..I just wanna thank you" She fake smiles at me and props her big Gucci handbag that is hanging from her arm.

She waves at me and leaves the bathroom.

Gosh I hate her so much. Is she only trying to be with Johnny for money and fame? I know it's none of my business anymore but how could she.

Johnny is such a loving person and she uses his kindness for her priorities.

I wish John realizes what a bitch she is.
But I'm not going to get in their lives.
-
I walk out the bathroom and see Johnny eating his steak.

He has changed so much. And I really miss just seeing him like this.

But who am I to approach him and say I miss him. I'm just a stranger that can admire him from a distance.

Everytime I try to move on, our beautiful days always plays in my head. But knowing he doesn't remember a single thing from those days only makes my hopes burn.

I wish he knew how much I miss him, how much I miss us.

I snap back to reality when Jake comes in the frame of Johnny and Sophie.

"Bro, Nice to see you here. I didn't know you lived in LA" Johnny says to Jake as they do their handshake.

"Sophie didn't tell you? What a great cousin you are Soph" Jake says sarcastically and crosses his arm in a playful manner.

"Well, good to know we live in one state. We have to hangout more often and catch up. By the way who did you come here with?" John asks not even realizing that I was staring at him the whole time.

"I came here with Kenzie" Jake points at me and I immediately look away and walk back to my table.

"Is she your girlfriend?" He asks

"Yes she is" Sophie answers for Jake. She obviously did that on purpose.

"N.. No she isn't why would you think she's my girlfriend" Jake laughs awkwardly.

I had to step in the conversation no matter what Sophie thinks of me.

"Hi Sophie, Hi John" I wave and sit with them

Sophie gives me a dead glare but I ignore it

"Kenzie, right?" Johnny asks and smiles

I miss the way he calls my name.

I wish he could hear what I'm saying inside right now.

Johnny, When I looked at you again for the first time in 5 years I thought I'd never feel this way again. I miss everything.

I miss the way you call my name
The way you look at me like I was your world
The way you hold me tight like your never letting go
And the way you loved and care about me like no other boy could.

But all the love you gave to me has already been given to another girl.
She's lucky to feel loved, and I hope you get love from her.

I haven't said I loved you didn't I?
I regret saying it too late. I really did love you. Always did always will.

And if one day you ask me to be yours again
With no hesitation I'll say

I'M YOURS.
______________________________________
A/N:  yay a long chapter :p

Oh my god I almost cried writing this. I can't wait for this lame story to end, I got so many ideas for my next story.
Wait and see guys.

btw thank you for all the kind comments and votes. You all are so sweet :)
I love it when you guys feel the story and understand it, It makes me happy that people appreciate my work.

NO COPYCATS PLEASE🙏🏻

-THE Z