PART 44

A few months later..
•KENZIE'S POV•

"Babe, wake up!" Johnny says and places soft kisses all over my face.

"Okay.. Okay, I'm awake" I say and rub my eyes.

He looks down at me and smiles.

"I'm going to take you out tonight" He tells me and gets out the covers.

"Where?" I ask

"Somewhere special, you'll see" He winks

"You know I hate surprises" I complain

-

I get dressed for our night out and Johnny says he wanted to take me somewhere special which I have no clue where it could be.

He told me to cover my eyes so I did. It was a 10 minute drive and we finally arrive at the 'special place'

I open my eyelids to reveal a beautiful restaurant that I'm not sure what the name is but it's gorgeous.

"Sooo.. Mackenzie Frances Ziegler" He starts,

Okay what is he up to now? He usually says my full name when there's something important to tell or ask.

I sit down at the seat he booked for us earlier . His arms are propping his head up and staring at me with adoration.

"You're cute" He suddenly say in a girly tone. What is he doing?

"Uhh.. You're acting kinda weird, is everything alright babe?" I ask still confused with his attitude lately.

"Haha, everything's alright. It's just my way to get rid of all these mixed up feelings in me" He laughs awkwardly.

"You know.. You can tell me to get things off your chest, well if that's okay with you" I tell him politely.

"Well, I guess it's time to get things off my chest" He holds my hands and look at it.

"Go ahead"

-

JOHNNY'S POV

"Go ahead" she says.

This is the right time.

Right here, right now. I'm going to ask her what I've wanted to ask her for a very long time.

I take a deep breath and put myself together before I talk and mess things up.

"So, uh- you remember that time that I came late from work and I didn't tell you where I was till you got mad at me?" I start

"Yeah.." She half laughs.

"Well, I think it's time for you to know where I really went" I continued and I can see from her face that she just wants me to tell her already.

"I already threw it off my shoulder but if you wanna tell me then okay"

I slide my hand down to my pocket and grab the box.

This is it. The moment of truth..

I hand her the box without her looking and she holds it by surprise. She looks down at it and her eyes widen.

"Are you kidding me, John? This is an inappropriate place to ask for this oh my god" She covers her red face and laughs.

"I know it is, but this is the least I could do. I mean you're not gonna still be a virgin after 23 years, and plus you're dating me so that 'pure girl' label is gonna come off" I whisper so one could hear our private talk.

She rolls her eyes playfully and sticks her tongue out, She's so cute. Oh my goodness, Lord gave me such a wonderful girlfriend.

"I thought you were gonna.. You know, uh- put the 'Mrs' label on me" She laughs nervously.

I could see that there is a slight disappointment in her eyes but she tries to play it cool and not seem like forcing me to propose her.

We've talked about marriage before, and she always loved a happy family with children and loving one another.

I wish I could make her happy all the time.

And I probably will.

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: GUUUUUYS important news!!

I'm so sorry if my updating fast skills are getting lame but my phone just went coocoo and i'm still panicked about it. I will try my best to update on my laptop (i'm writing on my laptop now)

Thank you all so much for the amazing support and love, a huge shoutout to everyone who comments on every chapter you are the best!! All my active readers are bomb i love you all so freakin much I hope could update asap. Please stay tuned this book is almost ending and like I said if this book reaches 20k reads I'm gonna publish one of my books.

One of them is called "Wherever you are" and the other one is "Dear Johnny" so stay tuned for that too! Comment which one do you want me to publish first.

AND BTW THIS BOOK JUST GOT TO #736 on the fanfiction and this is all bc of you guys.

[The shoutout winner goes to  @wonderofwonders16 for being so active and voting and commenting and all those shenanigans. I'll give another shoutout in my next chapter. Or maybe I'll dedicate my chapter to you who knows ;) ]

-THE Z