PART 9// Truth or dare

•KENZIE'S POV•

My phone rings crazily on Lauren's bed, but I'm too lazy to answer it so Lauren picks it up for me instead.

"Hey Jake, It's Lauren" Lauren starts.

Why is Jake calling me?

Oh my god. I totally forgot about having dinner with him tonight. I quickly snatch my phone from Lauren's hand and run downstairs to the backyard.

"Hey Jake, um- I'm so so sorry I can't go tonight. I'm at Lauren's house and I won't be  back until Monday, maybe next time?" I offer him kindly.

"Its okay, I understand. So what are you doing now babe?" He asks me.

Babe? Why in the world did he just call me babe. This might sound rude but I'm cringing right now.

"I'm just chilling in Lauren's back yard" I say ignoring the fact that he just called me babe.

"Are you alone or.."

"Yes, I'm alone here" I sigh

I am playing with my ears and I just realized that my earring is gone, so I put the phone on loudspeaker and look for my earrings.

"Want me to come there sit with you" He laughs

"Um, no- I mean you don't have to" I say still looking for my earring.

"Oh come on, I know you miss me baby" Jake says and I am literally gaging at the name he just called me.

This is too far.

I was about to speak but I hear the door slam close.

"I'll talk to you next time, bye" I say ending the awkward call.

I run back into the house to see who slammed the door and I see Johnny punching a ball that is in front of him. I assume he was the one who slammed the door so he might of heard my conversation with Jake.

Oh no, This is not going to end well.

"Hey" I finally say after looking at him for 20 seconds. He shots his head up and frowns, but continues punching the ball.

"Why do you keep punching the ball" I half laugh at his childish behavior.

"Because" He says simply

"Wow what a good explanation" I tell him sarcastically.

"It's nothing, leave me alone" He snaps at me. Why is he mad? I thought he doesn't remember me.

"Okay then Mr. Grumpy head" I say turning around to go back to Lauren's room, But he suddenly speaks

"I'm sorry" He apologizes.

I just nod my head and continue walking.

• • •
When I walk into Lauren's room, the music blasts trough my ears making me close my ears and running to the speakers to lower the volume.

"Hey, that's my jam" Natalie protest

"Sorry, but its too loud" I fake smile

"What were you doing downstairs?" Lauren asks me.

"I was on a phone call with Jake, thats all" I say simply.

"Okay then" Lauren looks at me suspiciously and smiles.
Does she know something?

"Hey lets play truth or dare!" Natalie shouts

"Okay" Lauren and I agree.

We have a bowl full of questions and dares that we wrote ourselves, and Lauren is first to draw.

"I got a truth, and the question is: Have you had a first kiss?" Lauren reads the question disgustingly

"Ew no, your turn Nat" She says and we all laugh.
It's Natalie's turn to draw, and eventually she got Lauren's dar which is : Go outside the house and shout "I Love Nerdy Ned" so all the neighbors can hear.

"This is ridiculous, Who even likes Ned" Natalie says crossing her arm and talking about Ned, the school's nerd.

"Oh come on its just a dare" I persuade her.

"Okay fine, ugh I wish I could've just done my own dare" She protest and we all stand up to go out side.

Lauren opens the door for Nadia and she immediately screams the dare. Suddenly we hear a laugh behind us which I assume is Johnny.

"I can't believe you actually love Ned, Wow Luckily I got that recorded" He laughs

"You what!?" We all say at the same time and he ran up to his room.

"He better not be sharing that video to other people" Nadia threatens.

"Lets go back upstairs"
•••
It's My turn to draw and I'm praying that I don't get a bad one.

I finally pick one up and read it slowly

"Go to Johnny's room and take something from his table" I read out and I am about to faint right now.

"Okay who made this" I say showing them the paper.

Natalie sticks her hand up slowly  and I just want to punch her here, no wonder she wanted her own dare. It has something to do with John.

Great.

I go out of Lauren's room and take a deep breath before slowly turning the handle of Johnny's door.

I creep in with my tippie toes so he doesn't know I'm there, I hear him standing up from his bed and i quickly hide under is table.

"Stupid choppy didn't close the door" He says angrily.

I hear the door close and there was a second sound.

Wait.

Did he just lock the door? Oh no
What am I going to do?
_____________________________________
A/N: i think thats a bit too long, sorry for late update i'm so busy with my life idk what i'm doing actually soz.

Thank you guys sm for reading ily all if we reach 1k reads before march i'll try and double update for you guys.

-The Z