PART 23

•KENZIE'S POV•

The next morning

It's my sweet 17 today and I'm celebrating it with my family and the Orlandos.

We are going to the beach and rent a beach hut so we can chill for the rest of the day.

Luckily our hotel is near the beach so we can just walk there.

I put my black bikini on and wear a white oversized tee over it, I put my shorts and a pair of flip flops.

I grab my sunglasses and my mini backpack with all of the things I might need there.

Now I am ready to go.

As I walk down the halls I see Lauren and catch up with her.

"Lauren!" I call

"Kenziiiee, happy birthday my not so little Ziegler. I can't believe you're 17 now oh my god. next month is my birthday and we'll all be 17. God this life goes on so fast, It felt like we were still babies when we met and now here we are going to celebrate your birthday in our bikinis-and wait, does that mean you get to drink? I think 17 is already legal in Indonesia" She says super hyped up about my birthday.

"Nope, I'm not drinking anytime soon. Maybe when I'm 19 I will"

"Oh come on, if you have your license you can drive us to a club wooh that'd be so fun!" she convince me to go to a club and get drunk which I hate the taste of alcohol and crowded noisy places but maybe I will try one day. But not now.

"I will,okay.. but not anytime soon" I tell her.

We arrive at the hut all of our families were already there, and they throw confetti on me.

Maddie (my sister) holds the cake that has a 17 candle on it.

I can't believe I am 17 now.

I feel complete. But there's also something missing.

The love of my life.

My Mom said she met my dad at 16 and dated for 9 years until my dad finally has the balls to propose my mom.

Their friendship was only one year till they made it official. It took my dad literally one year to ask her out, and my mom waited for 5 years for him to propose.

Their relationship wasn't a perfect one. They had people that are always trying to ruin it. But that didn't make my mom give up.

The relationship almost broke because my dad didn't have the guts to put a ring on it and the only way to make that relationship last forever is for them to get married. *duuh

He says that he was finding the perfect time and way to do it but then my mom's friend was planning to propose to her but my dad had finally got on one knee and asked her to be the love of his life.

I wish my love story won't be as difficult as theirs. But it is, and it's just getting started.

I've only dated one person in my life and that was 2 years ago. And people are convincing me to get a boyfriend again.

But I don't want to.

I'm happier like this.

But what if I date someone that likes me and I try to like him back?

Well he was my first kiss anyway so why not give it a try.

Yes, I'm talking about Johnny Vincent Orlando, My bestfriend.

He said he wasn't dating anyone so I might as well start to build a relation between us.

But I'm scared.

What if things get awkward and out of track then we break up and become strangers again?

I'm scared of losing him again.

I'm scared if I screw everything up.

I just want everything to be perfect for both of our lives. But it can't be.

Nothing can he perfect.

I shrug my thoughts off then make my wish : I wish that everything is going to be okay, I hope that i can go through the ups and downs of life that I have been through for 17 years, and I wish that one day someone is going to say they love me and truly mean it so I know how it feels to be loved. I want to say to whoever my future love one, I'm yours. Always am, always will be.

I blow my candle and smile at them with watery eyes. This moment is emotional.
____________________________________
A/N: my internet is being a b and i cant update faster for u guys i'm truly sorry and ur comments on my last post are just ugh idk im emo rn😭

you are so amazing for reading it till this chapter, and i'm so thankful that somebody actually appreciates my work (no one else ever did lol) and yeah. OH and also comment if this book ends do u want this book to have a sequel or I make a new book about a different story but its still about john ofc.

Pls let me know what u think :)

sorry if this chapter is boring but its a start for something big ooohh what do u think its gonna be?

I don't know either you might wanna stay tuned for the new chapter that is coming up soon.

btw my birthday is next week and nobody's gonna buy me a john merch :( *cries spaghetti*

If u want to buy me one ask my address and post code on my dm @johnnyoslay (insta) or @johnnyorlandoe (twitter). Thats IF you are kind enough, I'm sure nobody does want to haha.

Anyways this authors note is too long but it feels like talking to u guys i love it, okay byebye see u in my next chapter hunbuns😘

ps. I'm starting the chapters without titles now so yeah

-THE Z