IV

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

I was on my feet in a matter of seconds, startling the oblivious Slytherins around me.

They looked at me dubiously, confusion clearly written on their faces, after all my name was not called.

James fucking Potter's name was called.

I wasn't the only one standing.

Sirius was on his feet too, bewilderment clouding his features. Lily's face was the same colour as her hair. Remus was clutching his fork so tightly that his knuckles were bone white. Peter looked as if he might cry.

James, however was the picture of composure but we knew him better than that. His lazy smile and laughing eyes hid guilt.

Sirius' eyes met mine for half a second and then I was gone.

I marched out of the great hall, robes flourishing, hair flying, face like thunder.

Later people will say that I left because James and I were in some secret love affair, after all I had been staying in the Gryffindor common room for a week.

The truth is, I was devastated.

That was supposed to me. It was my chance to prove myself, to my family, to my friends, to everyone.

"Stella!"

Sirius' voice echoed along the hall and I turned to see him running after me.

"Go back to the feast, Black." I told him, continuing to march down the hallway.

"You go back to the feast, Hart!" Sirius called back, childishly.

He moved infront of me causing me to stop in my tracks.

"I'm serious!" I growled.

He gave me a lopsided smile.

"No, I am."

I groaned and shoved past him.

"This isn't a game." I told him over my shoulder.

"I know-" He started but I cut him off, anger fizzing through my veins.

"No you don't know!" I cried, whipping around to face him.

"That was my chance! My one chance to prove myself, to show people that I am not to be underestimated and now it's fucking gone so don't tell me you know because you don't." I yelled, my voice bouncing off the walls.