X

-Sirius Black-

-Sirius Black-

"I'm sorry, what?"

Nina and I had been waltzing for half an hour only stopping once for an impromptu photo shoot.

And now she was unceremoniously dumping me.

"The waltzing has been so much fun but I'm bored so I will be dancing with my friends for the rest of the evening." She sighed in her french accent.

I gaped at her.

She smiled and patted my cheek.

"Don't be sad Sirius, You were wonderful."

And with that she turned and flounced away, her pink groupies in towe.

I stood there, in shock for a couple of seconds before taking off. I couldn't just stay there, frozen, looking like an idiot. I had to get out of there.

I pushed through a cluster of pines, low hanging branches mussing my hair. I knew there were double doors through there and even though I didn't know where they lead to but I didn't care. I wanted an escape.

All I could think is how dissappointed my parents would be and I hated that. I hated that. I shouldn't care what they think because they never cared about me but I do and I can't help it.

I reached the doors and burst through onto a small balcony, a tiny cold alcove. Exactly what I needed.

Except I wasn't alone.

Stella Hart was standing on the balcony, in the cold.

And she was crying.

"Stella?" I breathed.

She turned so that her back was to me and wiped her cheeks furiously.

"This hiding space is taken. Go away." She bit back.

"Stell, what happened?" I asked walking towards her.

She whirled around her face like thunder.

"Don't do that! Don't call me Stell and be all lovely and concearned! Just don't!" She cried her thunderous expression masking the hurt she felt.

"No, you don't Stella. Don't push me away!" I fought, closing the distance between us, my hands itching to touch her but I kept it glued to my side.

The anger on her face melted away leaving sadness.

"He doesn't want me." She whispered, a tear falling down her cheek. I caught it before it reached her chin.

"Mathieu, he- he doesn't want me. He wants someone else, this other girl, I don't know her name. He doesn't want me." Her words were ragged as they left her mouth.

"I didn't think you wanted him?" I asked gently. Stella reveled in the chase, the flirtation. But I never thought that she genuinely liked Mathieu.