XVII

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

We had the common sense to be not as excited for the second task in the Tri-Wizard Tournament.

I had bunked in with Lily the night before, not sleeping so much as worrying. Every now and then I would jolt awake, terrified that she wouldn't be in her bed, but everytime she was still there, snoring away.

The mood at breakfast was alot more somber than it was for the first task. I think when Lily appeared in that chair in the arena, it was a huge wake up call that the Tri-Wizard Tournment isn't just win or lose, it's live or die. And despite the fact that James Potter can be a complete arrogant asshole, I want him to live.

So does Lily (but she would never admit it).

James had to be with the other champions earlier than last time so we crossed the grounds to the arena without him. It was being held at the quidditch pitch again, but that didn't give us much of an insight into what it was going to be. We just had to hope and pray that whatever it was, James could overcome it.

When we settled into the stands, a few minutes early, Remus leant his shoulder against mine. It's been a week since the full moon and he was only just begining to come right. It takes so much out of him, you see. That night took alot out of me too. The thing is, I'm really fucking stubborn, especially when people tell me I can't do things, and I just couldn't stay away that night.

I snuck out of Hogwarts in my blue and white striped pyjams, my feet tucked into my tall riding boots. I was heading to the womping willow when I saw Remus, or, what had become of Remus. A tall pale werwolf catapoulted out of the secret tunnel, not paying any attention to the brunches that whipped it's skin. I pressed myself to the dewy grass as I watched him race into the forest. Not long after, A stag, a rat and a dog raced out and after him. Now, I know that it was dangerous, I am well aware of the risks, it just didn't stop me. So I too, plunged into the forest.

I didn't get far before he found me.

Before he emerged from the darkness into the light of the moon. The black dog that ran wild through my head. Sirius Black.

He was breath taking. All dark and dangerous with muscle rippling across his body and something about his deep brown eyes. He was beautiful, and he was hurt. Blood tainted his right shoulder and the tips of my fingers when I reached out to him. He let my hands tangle themselves into his fur, even thought it went against every wild instinct his new body was throwing at him.

That was, until a howl shattered the night and he became frantic, whining and pushing me away, back in the direction of Hogwarts. It was only then that my stubborness faded away and I ran back to the school. I was kidding myself if I thought I could help.