Snapshot: I

Snapshot: Threshold 

Snapshot: Threshold 

In a little town in the middle of nowhere called Godrick's Hollow, there's a little house at the end of Squire Lane.

It's made of stone in shades of dappled grey with honeysuckle crawling up the right side. The door was painted red probably a century ago and since then had faded to burgundy and the cobbled path that lead to the door was cracked in places.

It's nothing much really, but I'm in love with this little house. Because it's ours.

Dumbledor chose Godrick's Hollow, a little town where witches and wizards lived quietly alongside muggles. If I look up now I can see the faint ripple of the force field tat stretched over the town. Godrick's Hollow is our safe place, our haven and this house is ours.

Mine and Sirius's.

I know we're still young and stupid and it seems far too early to be moving in together but when Sirius pulled me out of Voldemort's grasp that night of sixth year I knew he was the one I'd spend the rest of my life with. And when we discovered our prophecy, that only confirmed it. So if I have to spend the rest of my life hiding, I want to hide with him (and only two minutes down the road from Lily and James and a further two minutes to Remus and Peter).

"You ready?" Sirius's voice pulled me out of my daze and I looked up at him to see his excited smile mirrored mine.

I nodded, looking back at the awaiting door and I was about to take a step forward but all of sudden my feet were no long under me and I was being scooped up into Sirius's steady arms. I let out a surprised squeal and Sirius chuckled.

"Well then, let's do this right." He said softly brushing his nose against mine, our faces now inches apart.

I smiled at him.

"Take me home."

And he did, with me gathered up in his arms- heart ready to burst- he took us across the threshold of our new home.

~~~

AUTHORS NOTE

So this is the first in a series of snapshots! I hope you like them!

Don't forget to vote and comment because it means the world to me.

*loves*

-J xx