XXXVIII

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

Stepping onto the train that would take me to my seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was an entirely different feeling to this day one year ago.

One year ago I was walking onto the train with Bellatrix and Narcissa and I was already slipping away from the world, from my friends. There was already a hollowness spreading through my chest. Not this year, no this year was different.

When I stepped onto the train today I felt full. Full of a thousand different emotions-
happiness, anticipation, giddines, fear, heartache but no matter what I was full and I would take the bad with the good if I meant I didn't feel empty anymore. I got mixed looks as I moved down the length of the train- some welcoming and some not so welcoming- which was to be expected. While most of Gryffindor had welcomed me with opened arms, Dorcas saying that it was like I had always been a Gryffindor this just confirmed it, there were a fair few that questioned it, questioned me. They still think I'm bad, they think the whole Gryffindor switch is an act.

But it's no act. It's where I belong.

So I smile at them and I continue down the train towards our compartment, towards the
compartment that we've sat in every year, except last year but I'm not even going to think about last year, not now. I can hear them, Remus and James were laughing about something Lily had just said that I couldn't catch and I could even hear Peter's soft voice joining in. My smile grew even wider.

I rounded the corner and rested one arm on the door frame, leaning into it. Summer had moved into Autumn a lot quicker this year so I wore sheer black tights underneath a suede black button up skirt with a floaty burgundy top tucked in that had long bell sleeves and a V neck. I had matched it with heeled black boots that clicked when I walk. My blonde hair tumbled over my shoulders, curly from the light rain that had started as I walked from the car to the train station and I flicked a strand out of my eye before resting my hand on my hip.

"Hey losers."

"Stella!" Lily squealed jumping up from her cosy spot next to James who let out a noise of protest.

She wrapped her arms around my shoulders, squeezing me tightly. Lily had always been taller than me which annoyed me senseless but when we hugged I always fit in so perfectly.

"We saw each other last week you freak." I laughed, but I hugged her back just as tight.

When we broke apart she led me by the hand to the spot next to her and James and I ruffled his already messy hair as I went past which made him groan and swat at m hand. Lily grabbed it instead and I laughed as his cheeks turned pink and he gave her a dopey smile.

Then I turned my smile back to the other boys, well just one boy. My gaze crashed into Sirius and I found him staring right back at me, his grey eyes hot on me, a lopsided smile on his face.