XXXIII

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

The sun shone through the tall bay windows of the Great Hall, casting an optimistic glow over the student body as we communed for breakfast. Spring was just starting to grace us with her presence and the days were growing longer and warmer.

But I'm cold. I'm not shivering but I'm unfathomably cold. Spring's touch is wasted on me since I don't seem to feel it at all. I used to be warm- no I used to burn. Power blazing within me turning my entire body into an inferno. But after I let go of that fire- after I let it out- I am stone cold and it feels amazing. Through losing control I have never felt more in control and the cold is like a sweet relief.

"Hart!"

Bellatrix had just asked me whether I had finished breakfast and was ready to go to Charms when none other than Severus Snape stormed over to me, his expression wild.

"Snape." I deadpanned which just seemed to rile him up even more.

"What happened last night?" He cried earning a couple of strange looks from the people around us and a snort from Bellatrix.

"What is that supposed to mean, Estelle?" She turned her laighing eyes to me, raising an eyebrow, I kept my expression impassively amused.

"I have no idea." I spoke to Bellatrix but my words were for Snape. Short and deliberate.

"Yes you do!" Snape shot back, his voice getting louder as his grew frantic. "The last thing I remember last night was speaking to you in the Common Room and then the next thing I know I'm waking up in the courtyard by the greenhouse this morning!"

More people were stopping their mrning pleasantries to tune into the shit show that was Seeverus Snape. Amused expressions and condescending laughter kept the mood light, no one was taking him seriously and that's  how I wanted it too stay.

"Merlin Snape, what have you been putting in your pumpkin juice?" I toyed with him, earning laughter from the rest of the table.

The tips of Snape's ears turned pink and he stepped closer to me, his eyes darting from side to side as he became all too aware of the amusement at his expense.

"I know you did something to me." He hissed, ducking his head and leaning in so that the rest of the table wouldn't hear. I on the other hand leaned back and raised my voice so that everyone would hear.

"I'm sorry, Severus. I don't know what you're talking about." I said innocently but there was a smirk on my lips.

Snape jerked back like he'd been slapped a mixture of confusion and desperation written on his face before he turned and booted it out of the Great Hall. The people that had been watching his epic meltdown became disinterested and turned back to whatever they had been doing before.

Bellatrix turned to me with a hushed voice, "what have you been up to?" She grinned but it almost looked like she was baring her teeth. I had to be very careful when it came to Bellatrix, when it came to the dark arts she was passionate and over-eager, bordering on obsessive. But this wasn't her game, it was mine- Her time will come eventually, I'm sure Voldemort wouldn't be able to resist someone as willing as Bellatrix.