XI

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

Somewhere along the way home my eyes fluttered close and when they opened again, I was snuggled up in my bed on christmas morning, the shrilling sound of my mother's voice waking me as she rapped on the door.

I had no idea how I got here but I bet my life that my oh-so-affectionate parents didn't carry me here. It was probably one of the cute house elves (my only friends growing up in this horror show of a house).

"Estelle Rosalie Hart, Get up! We don't have time for you to lay around all day. Christmas festivities are about to begin." My Mother yelled through the door.

I groaned and pressed my face into the black silky sheets as I listened to the sound of my mothers footsteps walking away and down the stairs. I knew that I had to get up because if I didn't she would come back with twice the heat and I couldn't deal with that right now.

Not when I was so hopelessly happy.

Last night was a storm of emotion, wild and beautiful and unexpected. It completely took my breath away. It all started when I picked that fabric, that whimsical fabric that Sirius liked. I wasn't entirely sure why I picked it since Lily and I were set on a baby pink fabric that made my skin look all golden and lovely but I guess there was just something about the way my heart raced when he gave it to me that made me want to wear it.

And then there was my grand entrance, I was a couple of minutes late, I had a thing for dramatic flare. I told Lily that it was all for Mathieu but there was asecret part of me that hoped Sirius would be there at the bottem of the grand stairs.

And he was.

He was looking at me, really looking at me. In a way that made my heart swell. In that moment I felt something, I don't know, shift. But then I was wisked away by Mathieu and the ceremony and the lights and the party, all of it almost making me forget all about that moment on the stairs.

Almost.

I then I got unceremoniously dumped and all of a sudden I had no one. No Mathieu, who was off with some slut of the day. No Sirius, who was off with with that totally unfair sexy Beauxbatons girl. Lily was off with James (about time).

And I was on a balconey, alone, crying. What a night.

But then my balconey became the home of two broken hearts. It seems that totally unfair sexy Beauxbatons girl was a tricky bitch. Who would've called that? (everyone). But maybe I should send her and Mathieu a Hart christmas card because it brought us together on that fated but freezing cold balconey.  It was the start of the most amazing waltz of my life.