XII

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

A strange sound woke me.

My head was foggy as sleep clung to me but I mannaged to discern from the lavish silver clock on my desk that had been a gift from my father that it was two minutes past one in the morning. Sleep pulled at me and I wanted to fall right back into its arms but I heard the sound again.

It was coming from the tall window on the left of my dresser. It sounded like someone was there but when I looked, it was dark and empty. Plus since my bedroom was on the third floor, the odds of someone being at my window was highly unluckly unless they were on a broomstick and I think I would've noticed that.

I let my eyelids droop and was about to close them completely when a flash of white across the window made me jump up in bed. Suddenly the sound made sense. Someone was throwing stones at the window. I grabbed the almost burnt out candle off my dresser that I forgot to blow out before falling asleep and I lept out of bed.

I crossed the room, light on my toes, trying to be as quiet as possible because my mother has bat-like hearing and I would not put it past her to ground me for eternity for making the slightest bit of noise. I placed the candle on my dresser and carefully unlatched the huge window.

I leaned on the window sill and peered outside, letting my eyes adjust to the darkness. When I caught sight of the figure standing amongst the white rose bushes beneath my window, my heart stopped.

It was Sirius Black.

My expression must have been frightful since his grin melted into laughter when we locked eyes.

"Sirius?" I breathed and his silver eyes twinkled.

"Hello love." He called out to me and I shushed him quickly, my brain going a million miles an hour.

"What in the bloody hell are you doing here?" I whisper-shouted and he shrugged gving me a lopsided smile.

"I was feeling romantic." He whispered back. My heart skipped a beat.

"Sirius Black? Romantic? Not possible." I said disbelievingly but my tone was playful and my heart was going crazy.

"It's Christmas Stell, anything's possible!" He replied and warmth spread throughout my chest.

"Yeah. Anything." I echoed and he grinned. There was that word again.

There was a moment where we didn't say anything, just looked at each other with this shyness that took me by suprise.

"Well, are you coming then?" He asked with a cheeky grin.

"Where are we going?" I shivered in the winter breeze.

"On an adventure." He said mischeiviously, his dark hair brushing into his twinkly eyes.

"Am I going to get in trouble?" I asked, biting my lip absentmindedly.