XXI

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

"What now?" Lily aksed the question.

No one answered.

"I know James and Sirius' scent, I can try and track them." Remus offered.

I nodded slowly.

"Do it, we'll follow."

So that's what we did.

We moved cautiously through the errie forest, scared out of our minds, searching for our friends and praying that we don't run into any Death Eaters.

But we don't always get what we want in this world.

"Did you hear that?" Remus spoke up after I don't know how long of silence.

"No Remus I'm not a werewolf, you're gonna have to elaborate." I answered and he blew out a long breath.

"It sounds like..." he trailed off.

"Don't play with me Remus." I growled.

"Everyone shut up and stop moving." He said sharply and we all froze.

Seconds ticked by as we suffocated in silence.

And by the time I heard it, it was too late.

I pushed Peter out of the way just in time to hear the forbidden words uttered and the green flash light up the dark forest. When I whirled round to meet the culprit, the shadows looked as if they were moving but they weren't shadows at all, they were death eaters and they had found us.

"Run!" I had never heard Remus yell like that, as if all of our lives depended it.

Just as we started to run a curse hurtled towards us, barely missing me. It was so close, I could feel it's dark energy. It split us in half, cutting us off from one another. Remus and and Peter on one side and Lily and I on the other.

I looked over at them desperately as the death eaters used the separation to cut us off.

"Keep going Stell, find them! Look for the signals!" Remus shouted and then his words died out as we got too far away from each other.

Lily was ahead of me, she was always a faster runner.

"How many are there?" She called to me as we ran and I cast a look over my shoulder.

"Two!"

I slowed slightly and flung a spell at the closest figure.

Impedimenta. charm- slow an advancing object.

When the figure slowed to an almost complete stop, I was able to get a clear shot with Stupefy.

"Make that, one!"

Lily let out a breathy laugh which was cut off as quickly as it began when she was almost hit with an unforgivable curse.

Crutio. unforgivable curse- tortures opponent.