Snapshot V

Snapshot: Harry

Snapshot: Harry

30th July 1980

Lily went into labor at about fifteen minutes past ten in the evening.

James was out on the piss with the boys at the local pub while Lily and I were having wine and cheese night. Well, wine and cheese night without wine because Lily can't drink and I'm a good friend.

She was laid back on the sofa with a saucer of cheese and crackers balanced on her swollen belly when it happened. She gasped and jerked upwards, up heaving the snacks and sending them tumbling to the floor.

"What?" I exclaimed, uncertainty ripping through my chest.

Lily didn't answer, her face scrunched in concentration.

"What Lil?" I asked again but she held up one of her little hands.

"Shut up!" She ordered and my mouth snapped closed as I did as I was told.

A minute went by.

Then two.

Then three.

Then four.

At ten minutes I hesitantly opened my mouth.

"What are we doing?" I whispered.

"Waiting." Lily whispered back.

"Okay."

Another minute passed before Lily finally moved.

"Fuck!" She yelped, lurching off the couch. When she was stood upright and I caught sight of her soaked leggings I finally understood what was going on.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

She looked at me with a mixture of shock, fear and excitement.

"The baby's coming."

I drove Lily to Godrick's Hollow tiny medical center where the staff would be waiting for us. On the way I called James with my portable muggle telephone that Lily had taught me how to use in the case of this happening.

"Hello?" James's slurred voice floated out of it.

"James? It's me." I responded and I could hear him holler in the background.

"Stellyyy!" He crowed, "what's up? Is Lil asleep? Are you on your way?"

I took a deep breath.

"James, I'm going to give you some information but you can't freak out, okay?" I told him.

"Okay but you're gonna have to yell because your husband is butchering Queen right next to me!"

Despite the situation I couldn't help but laugh at Sirius singing in the background. Then Lily started pranking and I sobered up real quick.

"James, the baby's coming." I spoke into the phone.

"What? Stelly I can't hear you, you have to yell Padfoot's at the chorus!"

I sighed.

"THE BABY'S COMING!"

There was total and utter silence on the other end of the phone, before a loud crash and then a shuffle.

"James?" I called his name warily.

"Nope, it's Remus. James just fainted and Sirius is holding whiskey under his nose to try and recussitate him." Remus's voice met my ears through the phone.

"Oh for fucks sake!" I groaned.

"What?" Lily screeched. "What's happening? Where is James? Is he on his way?"

I could hear Sirius yelling on the other side and even Peter's small voice. I gritted my teeth.

"Remus, get him to the goddamn hospital. Now." And with that, I hung up.

I got Lily to the Hospital and Remus, by some stroke of luck, managed to get James' intoxicated ass to the hospital too.

Lily had a long and painful labor with a lot of fucking swearing before bringing a little baby boy into the world at around half past six in the morning of the 31st of July 1980.

At quarter to seven, they named him Harry.

At quarter past seven they laid him in my arms and names Sirius and I godparents. Two minutes later Sirius cried.

At eight o'clock, Harry lifted his little eyelids and we all peered into green eyes that mirrored Lily's. And the question was on all of our lips.

Is it you?

Are you the saviour?

It was awful, looking into Harry's eyes and expecting so much of him. When we were born into the world, we were born without expectations, without anything. Our innocence was untainted. But for Harry, he's born with weight of an entire world resting on his shoulders.

So I say it, not aloud just in my mind, I look into Harry's eyes and I say it.

"I'm so sorry."

~~~

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey what's up my dudes this is your last of the snapshots before the epilogue!! Parallell Universes is coming to an end and I'm actually really sad about it! I've loved exploring these characters further than what was already given to us!!

The epilogue's gonna be super sad so sorry about that hehe.

Don't forget to vote and comment because it means the world to me!!!

*loves*

-J xx