Snapshot IV

Snapshot: BlackHart

Snapshot: BlackHart

It was a cold January evening, the year had barely even started and the snow hadn't even left the ground yet.

I adore this kind of weather, the kind where the sun sets early and the cold licks at the window sill and time itself seems to stand still. It's magical, dancing around the fire in nothing but a comfy jumper and a pair of underwear while the world around us fades away.

For my last birthday Lily gave me a muggle camera, that puts pictures onto a roll of small shiny paper called film which you develop into bigger pictures that don't move at all. I fell completely in love with the idea and don't really go anywhere without it now.

The time we have now, hidden away from the world has allowed us to discover what little things each day makes us happy. Sirius has always looked at the world through an artists eye and since leaving Hogwarts, his art fell into sketchbooks and onto canvas and filled the rooms of our little house, and alongside them were the pictures I'd took.

And now, just a little after 9 in the evening I'm at sitting at the bay window in the living room and I'm watching the world turn to dust.

I can hear footsteps coming through the door and I turn just in time to be blinded by the flash of a camera. I squealed, jerking my head away and was met with deep brassy tones of Sirius's laughter.

"That's mine!" I growled, attempting a frown but it was too hard to be mad at Sirius.

"Is it? Well I guess you'll have to take it from me then because it's mine now." He replied, giviing me a cheeky smile.

"Oh really?" I rose from my seat, smiling slyly,

"Come on then." He challenged.

And then we were running through the house, Sirius hooting at the top of his lungs and me laughing. I cornered him in our bedroom and he scrambled onto the bed, I charged forward onto the bed as well standing over him as he lay beneath me. turning to take another picture of me. I was about to say something when he quickly took a picture of me, catching me by surprise.

"Stop it." I whined holding my hands up to protect myself.

"Why should I? Fifty years from now when I tell our kids how beautiful you were, right now in this very moment, they're going to need proof! They won't believe me." He told me, taking another photo.

"You're unbelievable Stella." He said softly as he came out from behind the camera.

I couldn't hide my smile.

"Fifty years from now?" I echoed, my voice suddenly shy.

Sirius's smile wasn't shy at all. It was completely sure.

"Kids?"

He was beaming now.

"Mhmm" He hummed and then grabbed the backs of my calves and pulled me down so I was straddling him. He lifted his upper body so that we were eye to eye, his hands coming up to skim across my back. I shivered.

"Stella..." His voice was so soft when he spoke, I felt my cheeks growing warm. He brushed the hair out of my eyes and tucked it behind my ear.

"Marry me."

There was breath of silence before I registered what he's said and then another breath where I understood what he said.

"What?" I whispered.

His hands came up to cup my face.

"Marry me, Stella." He said again, his silver eyes searching mine.

"Are you sure?" I breathed.

He cocked his head, his smile lopsided.

"Yes. I've got no ring, no ideas, no plans. But yes, this I am sure of I want to marry you Stella."

I kissed him then, unable to help myself as the molten lava spread through me once more.

"Yes." I mumbled into his lips and I felt him smile against mine.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes."

~~~

So about four months later we got married in the meadow behind our little house. There were daisies dotting the aisle and there were star clips in my hair.

I wore the dress I wore to the Yule Ball what seems like a lifetime ago.

Lily cried (pregnancy hormones).

James cried too (he's just soft).

Peter read a passage from Wuthering heights.

Remus walked me down the aisle.

And Sirius married me.

I really wish I could say that we lived happily ever after.

But, in truth, we didn't.

~~~

AUTHORS NOTE

Shit's getting interesting people are you scared yet because you should be!!!

Don't forget to vote and comment because it means the world to me!

*loves*

-J xx